E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2006 325i Head gasket DIY

10-24-2019, 06:08 PM   #1
os1r1s1
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

2006 325i Head gasket DIY

Good day all

Does anyone have a DIY for changing a head gasket on a N52? Basically got caught in a flood didn't know how to deal with it. cranked the car over a couple of times before I cleared the water from the cylinders. Then I cleared the water from the cylinders and cleaned out the intake.

The car now starts runs and idles very bad with now power and there is water in the oil. I'm sure its the head gasket. I've done head gaskets before on cars with timing belts but never on a car with a timing chain.

Does anyone have a DIY, some pointers, or can point me in the right direction? I would much rather fix the engine as the car still has life in it but not willing to buy another used engine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by os1r1s1 View Post
Good day all

Does anyone have a DIY for changing a head gasket on a N52? Basically got caught in a flood didn't know how to deal with it. cranked the car over a couple of times before I cleared the water from the cylinders. Then I cleared the water from the cylinders and cleaned out the intake.

The car now starts runs and idles very bad with now power and there is water in the oil. I'm sure its the head gasket. I've done head gaskets before on cars with timing belts but never on a car with a timing chain.

Does anyone have a DIY, some pointers, or can point me in the right direction? I would much rather fix the engine as the car still has life in it but not willing to buy another used engine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Get yourself the Bentley repair manual for the E90, it has detailed instructions how to repair the entire car. If you ran the car with water in the cylinders, you might have a bit more to worry about than just a head gasket. Symptoms of hydrolock could include bent or broken connecting rods, a fractured crank, a fractured head, a fractured block, crankcase damage, damaged bearings, etc.

If you have any of that, it's not the end of the world. The good news is that a used N52 in good running condition is not very expensive these days.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 03:26 PM   #3
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by os1r1s1 View Post
Good day all

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...als/11-engine/
Appreciate 0