E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > procede users

08-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
**335i**
Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: TOYOTA & 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
procede users

Hy been for a while out of the forums, how many left and what do think guys maybe its time to change into a flash tune for example to do a Cobb flash on ecu, just wondering I even dont know on which maps I am

Happy chating: )
E92 335i Black Saphire 6MT PROcede V5, BMS DCI, Big Tom IC, AR CL-DP's 3", AR Design OC, Forge DV's, OEM M3 side skirts, BMW Performance Wheels 19 inch 269 Black Gloss+Continental ContiSportContact 5P (400hp and 550nm) https://www.youtube.com/user/aistis7..._as=subscriber
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by **335i** View Post
Hy been for a while out of the forums, how many left and what do think guys maybe its time to change into a flash tune for example to do a Cobb flash on ecu, just wondering I even dont know on which maps I am

Happy chating: )
Do not think many proceded users are left

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

The procede is still a good tune.... not sure why you need to change if it's working for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Im still running 7-29 maps...lol vishnu hardly supports this platform anymore, so not much talk about them.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
derryck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

I run the Procede on two 335's (07 E90 6MT and 09 E92 6AT) and I've always been very happy. I always run in auto-tune Map 2 unless I'm using the valet map. The 07 is FBO and the 09 is FBO + RBs and I'm looking to add a COBB back end flash for the RB car. Vishnu might not be developing much for the N54/55 platform but it's a solid product and I've never had issues. Update the firmware and the maps and drive on.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
The procede is still a good tune.... not sure why you need to change if it's working for you.
I beleive OP is running a Rev 2a, which cannot run richer than 13.5 AFR midrange, nor can it offset more than 4 degrees of timing.

For 3rd gear, thats 9 degrees, on a tune advertised for 91 oct. I wouldn't, just my .02.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
'___'
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Eventhough Shiv is no longer on the forums supporting the platform, doesn't mean you should switch. Unless you are putting new power mods on all the time and looking to eek out every last pony, there's no reason to change or adjust your tune once you have one dialed in that you like.

Logging, on the other hand, is a good thing to do on a fairly regular basis as a way to monitor the health of your car, like plugs, injectors, hpfp, lpfp, O2 sensors, etc. And in my experience, the procede is the easiest tuning platform for this car to log and then read the data. The JB units are nice, but the graphic interface for reading the data is just horrible. You really have to use datazap with the JB imo. As for COBB, I can't really comment as I haven't had first hand experience with it. Although, I am considering giving it a try myself. (I like to waste money )
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #8
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by '___' View Post
Eventhough Shiv is no longer on the forums supporting the platform, doesn't mean you should switch. Unless you are putting new power mods on all the time and looking to eek out every last pony, there's no reason to change or adjust your tune once you have one dialed in that you like.

Logging, on the other hand, is a good thing to do on a fairly regular basis as a way to monitor the health of your car, like plugs, injectors, hpfp, lpfp, O2 sensors, etc. And in my experience, the procede is the easiest tuning platform for this car to log and then read the data. The JB units are nice, but the graphic interface for reading the data is just horrible. You really have to use datazap with the JB imo. As for COBB, I can't really comment as I haven't had first hand experience with it. Although, I am considering giving it a try myself. (I like to waste money )
The JB4 windows interface is great. You just need to be used to it. They recently added cyl 2-6 timing, dual bank AFR, and a scroll bar to make it that much more useful. It's the only tuning interface where you can do a run, pull over, press one button, and have a perfectly formatted chart in front of you of only your heavy boost activity ready to glance at.

Some guys also sell Android and iPhone interfaces for the JB4 if you want something different. And JB4 logs can also be opened in data zap or any other 3rd party CSV tool.

Mike
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #9
'___'
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
The JB4 windows interface is great. You just need to be used to it. They recently added cyl 2-6 timing, dual bank AFR, and a scroll bar to make it that much more useful. It's the only tuning interface where you can do a run, pull over, press one button, and have a perfectly formatted chart in front of you of only your heavy boost activity ready to glance at.

Some guys also sell Android and iPhone interfaces for the JB4 if you want something different. And JB4 logs can also be opened in data zap or any other 3rd party CSV tool.

Mike
That is definitely an improvement from what I saw when I had the JB3. Terry seems to have the best customer service on the forums for sure. I still maintain the procede is a very nice product. I mean, it is a halltech ecu essentially with certain, very useful, functions locked. That part is unfortunate though. The PTF guys seem to be churning out super happy customers as well though. So, I guess the reality of it is that regardless of the tune you go with, you're gonna
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #10
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Longtime procede user, since 2009. Currently on rev. 2.5 running 7-29 maps. I pretty much only use map 4 for my meth. Can more power be made with a different tune or back flash, honestly not sure as I haven't tried and haven't run a car with a different tune. I can say that I've always been happy with procede and my car is a beast running it as my friend with his new 2014 stingray will attest to as I easily walked him up to 140mph.

Would love to hear some insight if a back end flash (BMS, wedge) would actually make a significant difference with the procede just doing boost control?
2008 335i coupe AW 6AT, RB Turbos, PROcede 2.5 V5, Alpina Flash, Injen Intake, VK MW DP . Helix IC, Vishnu PnP Meth(M10 nozzel), M3 sides, OEM Aero Lip, VMR V710 Midnight Blue, LUX H8, HID Fogs, M3 front bits, D2 Coilovers, Whiteline Rear Bushing inserts, Custom M3 Steering Wheel, Cyba scoops, M2 Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #11
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefcg1 View Post
Longtime procede user, since 2009. Currently on rev. 2.5 running 7-29 maps. I pretty much only use map 4 for my meth. Can more power be made with a different tune or back flash, honestly not sure as I haven't tried and haven't run a car with a different tune. I can say that I've always been happy with procede and my car is a beast running it as my friend with his new 2014 stingray will attest to as I easily walked him up to 140mph.

Would love to hear some insight if a back end flash (BMS, wedge) would actually make a significant difference with the procede just doing boost control?
I have stacked the procede with wedge's flash, and the Open Flash Tablet maps as well. I currently use my own backend flash that I adjusted AFR's, Timing, and Load with using Tunerpro.

At one point I ran the flashes unstacked and they felt more responsive down low due to the throttle mapping in the DME which gives you 90% of full power at 60% throttle pedal......but I couldn't live with the throttle modulation.

So I went back to stacking with Procede.

Procede is much more linear with power delivery and has more kick in the upper rpms. Boost is also much easier to set via procede than it is by flash.

The Procede is a still a good tune and it integrates meth control very nicely.

However, the Procede is not very good at keeping AFRs stable - so I delegated that control over to the backend flash as well as upping the fuel scalar in the flash a bit to keep fuel trims in the optimum range.

So to answer your question, I don't think you will get more power by stacking, unless you are using E85, in which case you will find a backend flash very useful for managing the higher fuel demands of E85.

For pump and meth setup, let a backend flash manage AFR and timing control as they will become more stable and let the procede manage boost and meth control/failsafe.

If you do get a backend flash......pay attention to the load values being used. If they generate boost targets similar to what you set in the Procede, then you may get a bit of fighting over boost control. The procede sets the boost targets so long as that target is higher than the DME boost target. If the Procede boost target is lower than the DME target, then it defaults to the higher DME target and adds 1 psi to it.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
I have stacked the procede with wedge's flash, and the Open Flash Tablet maps as well. I currently use my own backend flash that I adjusted AFR's, Timing, and Load with using Tunerpro.

At one point I ran the flashes unstacked and they felt more responsive down low due to the throttle mapping in the DME which gives you 90% of full power at 60% throttle pedal......but I couldn't live with the throttle modulation.

So I went back to stacking with Procede.

Procede is much more linear with power delivery and has more kick in the upper rpms. Boost is also much easier to set via procede than it is by flash.

The Procede is a still a good tune and it integrates meth control very nicely.

However, the Procede is not very good at keeping AFRs stable - so I delegated that control over to the backend flash as well as upping the fuel scalar in the flash a bit to keep fuel trims in the optimum range.

So to answer your question, I don't think you will get more power by stacking, unless you are using E85, in which case you will find a backend flash very useful for managing the higher fuel demands of E85.

For pump and meth setup, let a backend flash manage AFR and timing control as they will become more stable and let the procede manage boost and meth control/failsafe.

If you do get a backend flash......pay attention to the load values being used. If they generate boost targets similar to what you set in the Procede, then you may get a bit of fighting over boost control. The procede sets the boost targets so long as that target is higher than the DME boost target. If the Procede boost target is lower than the DME target, then it defaults to the higher DME target and adds 1 psi to it.
Thanks! Really good info.
2008 335i coupe AW 6AT, RB Turbos, PROcede 2.5 V5, Alpina Flash, Injen Intake, VK MW DP . Helix IC, Vishnu PnP Meth(M10 nozzel), M3 sides, OEM Aero Lip, VMR V710 Midnight Blue, LUX H8, HID Fogs, M3 front bits, D2 Coilovers, Whiteline Rear Bushing inserts, Custom M3 Steering Wheel, Cyba scoops, M2 Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0