E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Xenon Depot Xtreme HID Conversion

12-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
F85_RN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Xenon Depot Xtreme HID Conversion

After reading all the threads from different people i decided to buy HID conversion kits from Xenon Depot for fog lights on my 09 335i LCI. I talked to steve for a while about problems were having. He was very confident about his product and they came up with new solution for our car...i guess....im not 100% sure cuz i havent installed yet. I guess a lot of people tried to install Xtreme HID kits with Canbus and it wasn't working for all of our car. Especially newer bimmers like LCI's, Steve came up with resistor NOT CANBUS. The way it works, basically its gonna fool the car, by installing this resisotr. the car thinks u r running at 55W instead of 35W, eventho, u r running 35W ballast.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Low_Beam_F...Fix_p/rfix.htm

Only problem is this reisitor is suppose to get really hot and i'm gonna have to find a good place so that it wont melt anything. I am suppose to get these tomorrow. cant wait to isntall it. I'll take few pics and let u guys know how it turns out. I got Xtreme H11(H8) 6500K HID w/ resistor(low beam failure fix)
Is there anybody already installed one of these resistor? if you did where did u guys mounted it?

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325i_racer View Post
After reading all the threads from different people i decided to buy HID conversion kits from Xenon Depot for fog lights on my 09 335i LCI. I talked to steve for a while about problems were having. He was very confident about his product and they came up with new solution for our car...i guess....im not 100% sure cuz i havent installed yet. I guess a lot of people tried to install Xtreme HID kits with Canbus and it wasn't working for all of our car. Especially newer bimmers like LCI's, Steve came up with resistor NOT CANBUS. The way it works, basically its gonna fool the car, by installing this resisotr. the car thinks u r running at 55W instead of 35W, eventho, u r running 35W ballast.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Low_Beam_F...Fix_p/rfix.htm

Only problem is this reisitor is suppose to get really hot and i'm gonna have to find a good place so that it wont melt anything. I am suppose to get these tomorrow. cant wait to isntall it. I'll take few pics and let u guys know how it turns out. I got Xtreme H11(H8) 6500K HID w/ resistor(low beam failure fix)
Is there anybody already installed one of these resistor? if you did where did u guys mounted it?

There are ballasts out there that will work without the resister setup. I have a 2007 328i that I converted from the original 55W Halogen headlamps to the 35W Xenon headlamps. Complete plug and play, no resistors or error cancelers. The resistors do get terribly hot, so I'd suggest you do some research on the resistor-less setup if you haven't bought the Xenon Depot ones yet.

Here's something you may want to look at: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312847

Damon, who did the install on the above link sells them.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
xiwagon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
There are ballasts out there that will work without the resister setup. I have a 2007 328i that I converted from the original 55W Halogen headlamps to the 35W Xenon headlamps. Complete plug and play, no resistors or error cancelers. The resistors do get terribly hot, so I'd suggest you do some research on the resistor-less setup if you haven't bought the Xenon Depot ones yet.

Here's something you may want to look at: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312847

Damon, who did the install on the above link sells them.
Hi Rambalu, can you please tell me which specific kit you used for your low/high beam HID conversion and where you ordered? I have a 07 328i I would like to convert too.
Thanks
Appreciate 0