E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > CIC iDrive keeps rebooting

06-07-2023, 05:49 PM   #1
Just_John
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E91

CIC iDrive keeps rebooting

Hi Guys, ive just bought a E91 320d tourer with a rebooting iDrive on the 2.5 hour drive home it keep rebooting over an over, would come on and play the radio a little bit but then went off again, this morning it came on and stayed on, I was able to connect my phone, listen to the radio, played music via bluetooth (just about as it played very glitchy) and did so for a few hours, parked up came back a couple of hours and it still worked fine, then after another stop off with the engine off when I came back to the car it started to do its rebooting, I can hear the cd drive resetting as it boots up.

I have read so many forums trying to figure out the issue, I really don't want to spend £1k on replacing the iDrive only to find it was the bluetooth module or a loose cable in the back how can I tell for sure what the issue is.

Id appreciate some wisdom for those that know.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 06:22 PM   #2
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport

Usually hard drive, unplug and see if it stops rebooting
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 09:28 AM   #3
pmorg4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Touring LCI

Either hard drive as stated above, or the unit itself has developed a fault. You can replace it with a used unit, it will work fine although if you want navigation or voice control to work you'll need to update the FSC codes. I had to replace mine, didn't bother with sorting out the nav or voice control as both are worse than useless in my view, and I have an aftermarket CarPlay unit in mine so I have modern nav and Siri voice control etc.
Appreciate 0