E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Reparations

06-25-2019, 11:21 AM   #45
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Exactly - and don't you think our punitive justice system and inability to find a way out once already on that path contributes to this? At least to some degree?

Again - why do you think that is? With no hope for a future after starting down this path, is there logic to assume that at least contributes to the life of crime? Who is to say they are incapable of rehab if no one has ever tried? That is my point. Sure - if you try a few times and nothing works, then give up - fine. But to never even bother to try? We are a nation built on Christian values and it should be in our hearts to at least attempt to try and correct negative behavior instead of just giving up.

By this notion, then, why let them out at all? If you get arrested for selling hard drugs, carrying a firearm and beating up cops - should it just be a life sentence no payroll? I'm actually okay with this if it can be proven there is no hope for rehabilitation. It's the "lock 'em up for a decade then let them loose with no hope of finding a better life so they go right back into the system again" that is the problem.

I don't agree with the liberal mindset of trying to make every criminal cozy and happy and that they will go and never do bad again. That's horseshit. But to say that our current system isn't terribly flawed is just lying to yourself.
Nothing's perfect, out legal system has been trying for hundreds of years to rehabilitate bad actors, they've tried and are still trying to find new ways to turn real bad people into good ones. How's that been working out? We have the highest incarceration rate in the first world with hard drug, murders and other serious felonies up to our eyeballs. I'm not saying give up but the scenario you posed about your habitual offender cop bashing rock dealer is one I'm not willing to keep on taking chances on. for whatever reasons and he needs to live with them for a long, long time in the pokey. The only future he's likely to ruin is the average citizens going about their lives when they cross paths with him.
Im not inhuman and I say try and 'save' the ones who aren't hardened yet but your drug seller isn't a worthy candidate, he's a scorpion. I didn't say he should get life for his crimes but a very long sentence is justified. The less time on the streets the less people he will hurt.

Yes our system is flawed as you say but i say it's mostly flawed because libs try to rehabilitate those who aren't willing or able to change.
My wife works in a school district on the other side of tracks. Some real bad kids come out of there and on occasion when watching the news we see a story of bad crime and she tells me, I remember him. It's not a good school, many of the parents are bad and the kids are usually worse because that's the way it often seems to work but there are quite a few kids that swim against the current flowing downstream to oblivion and they do extremely well and are great people. It's a path people take early in life, they make the choices in what their future holds.

The slinger in your story you want to help and a 5 year sentence is too severe for violent crime has chosen his path numerous times and chose wrong at least ten times, real wrong. Let him live with his decisions, I don't want my kids or wife to come in contact with him anywhere nor does any parent or husband.

You come up with something that actually works more then a minuscule amount of the time but guess what, it's been tried before and failed. We all watch it on the news every single day and many of us have first hand knowledge ourselves of dangerous men out and about when they shouldn't be and while we debate here, men who should be in prison right now but aren't are committing violent crimes against innocents because some say he deserves more chances.
Yea you have to attack the problem way before the penal (lol I said penal) system comes into play.
Appreciate 0