E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Help with Procede software logging

04-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Help with Procede software logging

I finally got my usb/serial setup and got the Procede online/connected in the latest v5.31 of the software.

But I seem to be at a loss on how to data log, check DME codes etc. It shows online, but when I start the car, the gages in the software dont update and datalogging does nothing. I can tell it to start logging, but it just does nothing.

I setup the data channels to log.

I assume with this software, you just extract it to a folder and run the .exe file from that folder (which it asks if I want to "run" it each time...odd). There is no install process, correct?

I have a SES light and want to check the code...plus do logging.

thx
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Ok, I got this to connect...didnt do anything different but reboot the computer and start from scratch. It still doesnt show that it is logging, but when I told it to stop logging, it asked for a file name etc.

Is there a sticky somewhere to help with data analysis or templates to use?

I notice the help files for this software does not work...

I am able to check my DME codes in two ways:

- Procede software gave me a 10400 code
- I have a OBD scanner that gives me a P112F code. google says an O2 sensor code.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Ok, I talked to Robert @ Vishnu and wanted to summarize the conclusion.

apparently 10400 is a code in regards to the throttle angle/position sensor and it throws it because it doesnt correlate with manifold pressure (something like that). They will address it in the new map that is under development (no, I didnt ask the ETA on the new map).

My OBD scan was just a generic code. So forget it.

I figured out the data analysis and templates easy enough. I have to go do a new run in 3rd gear. I only did a full throttle 1st and 2nd. So my boost barely hit 14, but my autotune boost is at 15.8. It did shoot to 18 during shifts...

I do have the annoying problem of my Windows 7 laptop disconnecting from Procede randomly
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Hi!

For your connection problem, try that: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393711

In case you haven't already, the best channels to log are:

Code:
CAN DBW Throttle
CAN Actual AFR Bank 1
Boost Control Set Point
CAN Actual Ign Adv
CAN DME Boost Actual
Boost Control DC
Inlet Air Temp
CAN DME Codes (if needed)
And if using methanol injection, add those:

Code:
Methanol Injector %
Methanol Injection Flow
During autotuning phase, add those:

Code:
Autotune Ignition Correction
Autotune Boost Setting

See that thread I made if you want templates of how to plot your logs. I usually plot all boost related in the same window (Boost vs set point vs DME Boost Actual). You might also want to add "Autotune Boost" to that window too if still using autotuning. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676194

Then the trick is to press "P" in the individual charts to set scaling, usually fixed (non auto) gives the best results, and also set the same scaling for each individual channels of a given chart. And then you can cycle through the different channels in a single chart by pressing Page Up/Down.

Last edited by Kalud; 04-23-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks Kalud. I will check out those threads and plan on a new data run tonite.

thx
Appreciate 0