E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Door kick plate interior piece came loose

08-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #23
edl
In the slow lane
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT, 01 M5, 11 335i

Just adding to this thread - you can pull the clips out with needle nose pliers, just grab the clip at the base and wiggle it out. Got all four clips out in a minute, slide them back onto the trim piece and reinstall.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 09:44 PM   #24
jarunan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Thank you for the contributors to this thread - had the same problem. Used a broken USB connector to pull out the plastic clips - worked well.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 07:56 PM   #25
WinnebagoJones
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BSM F83

To add to this since it was helpful today on my F83 - The clips, when you look directly down at them have a wide and skinny side. If you grip along the skinny side and wiggle that way, it's much easier. The way the clips are built, the squeeze points align. I took a pic to try to help. In the pic - you would grip on the left and right as you're looking at the clip there. You can see how it aligns with the squeeze clips below.

This is kinda hard to explain, but one way you have to open your pliers bigger to grip and one way is smaller. You want the smaller.

Appreciate 0