E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Wrap shops in LA?

08-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #23
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

Bump

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 03:32 AM   #24
e92_bryan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘11 e92 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
Bump! I’m still trying to find someone that wraps interior trims. Preferably someone who does this as a side job and not an actual shop.

Thanks!
With the crazy prices shops are charging now, getting it painted might be cheaper lol
Got quoted $350 for my roof, but I could get it painted for $500 by a quality shop...
Only thing is commiting to the color, that being said, gloss wraps have more texture to them plus bc its technically plastic/rubber it’ll attract more dust, bc of the texture its slightly more effort to clean
Also its vinyl so if something somewhat sharp gets snagged or rubs up against it, bye bye wrap
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #25
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_bryan View Post
With the crazy prices shops are charging now, getting it painted might be cheaper lol
Got quoted $350 for my roof, but I could get it painted for $500 by a quality shop...
Only thing is commiting to the color, that being said, gloss wraps have more texture to them plus bc its technically plastic/rubber it’ll attract more dust, bc of the texture its slightly more effort to clean
Also its vinyl so if something somewhat sharp gets snagged or rubs up against it, bye bye wrap
Yeah I hear what you’re saying. I actually got in touch with a body shop but they said they can only paint it gloss, but I’d like matte tho. The prices that they are charging are outrageous! Got quoted by a shop the other day for $900 to wrap my interior trim!! Like I’m really going to invest that much money into a ten year old car?!!

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #26
e92_bryan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘11 e92 328

Quote:
Yeah I hear what you’re saying. I actually got in touch with a body shop but they said they can only paint it gloss, but I’d like matte tho. The prices that they are charging are outrageous! Got quoted by a shop the other day for $900 to wrap my interior trim!! Like I’m really going to invest that much money into a ten year old car?!!
$900!?!?! Yeah wrap shops are waaaaay to expensive for what they do, material is the same at worst only increased a little, as for the labor they’re charging more than $40 an hour at that rate...
As for getting the matte finish, I highly doubt its impossible and you could find another shop to do it with that finish, hell even save some labor by taking it out yourself (I can help with that, I remember we went to the lirspy kreme bimmerfest caravan and you said you were close to my area), or before you drop any money on it, its worth a try sand and paint it yourself first, you could even pick uo a used set of trim for under $150 if you don’t wanna use your own
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #27
happyshifts
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

still looking or no? If you are, I live in LA and can wrap your entire interior for pretty cheap.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #28
Alphawerks
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Bump! I'm still trying to find someone that wraps interior trims. Preferably someone who does this as a side job and not an actual shop.

Thanks!
How much are you looking to spend? With brushed material you're likely looking at no less than $300 from anyone who can solidly wrap
Appreciate 0