E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 09 335d SES P02d1 and P02d6 - CBU?

06-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #23
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
The controller is the key though. I would talk to 335dlci on this stuff. You need to be damn sure that the stuff is off when engine turned off and not spraying. $400 vs $800 is nothing if you hydrolock your engine. I have read of controllers still being powered when car off. Be careful. I hadn't done this mod yet but will eventually.
Exactly why I wouldn't touch another one with a 10-foot pole. Had it happen with a coolingmist vari-cool unit on my truck just recently. Fortunately it decided to malfunction running along a back road, so I was able to pull over and disable it right away. A simple pressure switch wired to boost or other type switch connected to your control source of choice is all that is needed. W/M injection does not need a high-tech computer controller to operate quite satisfactorily.
Appreciate 1
robnitro160.00
      06-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #24
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-d View Post
Anyone quoting CBU cleaning that's close to $500 is thinking a gasser. As others have said; remove your intake and take a look yourself. It's not that hard and you'll learn something about your motor. Mostly that it's not that hard to work on.
Agree probably thinking a gasser without consideration for the small curved tangential ports which are the first to plug up. I had CBU cleaned at 54K (under warranty) when it triggered a CEL. They elected to replace the intake rather than try to clean it. I now have exactly 2x that mileage (108K) and so far all is good. I know the software was changed to make the EGR act more full on/off rather then try to modulate in an attempt to reduce CBU.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #25
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Agree probably thinking a gasser without consideration for the small curved tangential ports which are the first to plug up. I had CBU cleaned at 54K (under warranty) when it triggered a CEL. They elected to replace the intake rather than try to clean it. I now have exactly 2x that mileage (108K) and so far all is good. I know the software was changed to make the EGR act more full on/off rather then try to modulate in an attempt to reduce CBU.
When was this changed?? Do you have a software integration level? Bulletin?
Appreciate 0