E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Coilovers Or Lowering Springs E92 M-Sport

06-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #23
BeaterM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI (sold)/E92 M3 (sold)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
lowering springs have never got it done for me personally. There will always be a subtle difference in ride height and there's nothing you can do to adjust. However, springs are definitely a more cost-effective option and yields great results, even to the trained eye.
If I could do it over, I would have gone for coilovers. The Eibach Pros have been fine but with the combined cost of Bilsteins and Eibachs, a few hundo bucks more, I could have been able to dial it all in.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #24
///M-N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e28bmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairafe View Post
Springs if you don't plan on keeping the car very long and if you're ok with poor ride quality. Coilovers are far superior in every single way especially since the strut is engineered to deal with the various adjustable ride heights. It's worth it in the long run bc you will blow your struts eventually and what's the point in owning a sports car if it can't handle like one
We're talking about a decent set of springs here that renowned companies spend thousands on R&D not chopping two coils off the top of your existing springs. They are designed to work optimally with your existing shocks and won't blow them at all.
I already went with BC coils , y'all are late
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 04:31 AM   #25
e28bmw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1987 e28 and 2008 e92 335i msp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-N55 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Springs if you don't plan on keeping the car very long and if you're ok with poor ride quality. Coilovers are far superior in every single way especially since the strut is engineered to deal with the various adjustable ride heights. It's worth it in the long run bc you will blow your struts eventually and what's the point in owning a sports car if it can't handle like one
We're talking about a decent set of springs here that renowned companies spend thousands on R&D not chopping two coils off the top of your existing springs. They are designed to work optimally with your existing shocks and won't blow them at all.
I realised how old the original post was after I posted but it's still useful info to anyone searching out this subject on the forum. More to the point though, where's the pics???
      06-15-2019, 02:07 AM   #26
///M-N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I realised how old the original post was after I posted but it's still useful info to anyone searching out this subject on the forum. More to the point though, where's the pics???
As Requested
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
e28bmw301.00
      06-15-2019, 02:10 AM   #27
///M-N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As has already been pointed out, why spend the money on adjustable coil overs if you just want rid of the arch gap. I'm on H&R springs with standard m sport shocks and very happy with how it sits.
You say that now until you ride on Coilovers and feel how they feel . The stock suspension is so soft and expands and compresses so much you really feel the Stiffness and sportiness when Coilovers are installed . Properly i might say. It's a really big difference. Springs with M-Sport shocks? A big no no . Springs with Koni or bilistein shock? Yes
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #28
e28bmw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1987 e28 and 2008 e92 335i msp

Quote:
Quote:
As has already been pointed out, why spend the money on adjustable coil overs if you just want rid of the arch gap. I'm on H&R springs with standard m sport shocks and very happy with how it sits.
You say that now until you ride on Coilovers and feel how they feel . The stock suspension is so soft and expands and compresses so much you really feel the Stiffness and sportiness when Coilovers are installed . Properly i might say. It's a really big difference. Springs with M-Sport shocks? A big no no . Springs with Koni or bilistein shock? Yes
I've had adjustable coilovers on a few previous cars but just set them at the height I want and never touch them. I'm not against coilovers at all and agree with the benefits completely. On the e92, I have now replaced the rears with Bilstein shocks and the fronts will be done soon as they are getting towards the end of their life but the car rides lovely and did with all m sport shocks. Your car does look gorgeous on the coilovers though, happy with them?
      06-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #29
///M-N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've had adjustable coilovers on a few previous cars but just set them at the height I want and never touch them. I'm not against coilovers at all and agree with the benefits completely. On the e92, I have now replaced the rears with Bilstein shocks and the fronts will be done soon as they are getting towards the end of their life but the car rides lovely and did with all m sport shocks. Your car does look gorgeous on the coilovers though, happy with them?
Very happy with them . only thing i don't like about the 3 series chassis is that the rear Is not a true coil over . I wanna go lower in the rear but there's so much you have to do i still haven't got around to figuring that part out on my own
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #30
chrismb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i e90

Quote:
As Requested
Your ride look great!

What are your wheel specs? I'm trying to figure out if i'd rub or not

I have a 2012 e93 n55 -- installed kw street comfort coilovers

Currently running 18x8 BBS CH-R ET 40 all around, front spacer 12mm, rear 15mm

Realized how horrible it looks in the rear so I purchased 18x9ET44 and 255/35/18 Michellin sports A/s3+ tires

trying to figure out if I'd rub if I kept the 15mm spacer on the rear.....or could i fit the 15mm up front with the 18x8 ET40 and switch the 12mm to the rear with the 18x9et44...

just scared if I'll rub or not
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 09:15 AM   #31
1Bad335turbopsi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90,e92,e46 zhp,68 442

Quote:
Me as well also happy with the ride....