E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Greater Chicago Motors, Chicago IL

10-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Greater Chicago Motors, Chicago IL

This review is coming a little late, but it totally slipped my mind. In January of this year I traded in my 07 335i for an 07 M Coupe. Luckily I found one with the colors/options I wanted locally. I checked the car out and it all looked good. I dealt with Casey Dobczk (maybe spelled wrong) and he was very quick to respond to emails, gave me his cell number, and always answered. We exchanged probably 30 emails and 10 phone calls over the course of 2 days and he was up front and never elusive.

When I went in on Friday to sign the paperwork, it was incorrect. The sale price of the car did not reflect my down payment, meaning I was being charged an extra 5k for the car basically. I honestly don't know whether it was an honest mistake or not, but they handled it quickly and satisfactorily. They couriered the corrected paperwork to my house which arrived the next morning, and after completing it I took it in. There was no trying to get me to sign the incorrect paperwork, or anything along those lines. So aside from the initial discrepancy, there was no funny business.

Overall, I give Greater Chicago Motors a positive review and would do business with them again.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Casey Dobczyk
Registered
Rep
Drives: Sales

Brian,

Thank you for your business. We apologize for the paperwork error, hopefully delivering the paperwork helped out since you do not live in the city. Glad you came in to take a look at the inventory and eventually made the purchase on the 07 M Coupe. We appreciate your business and look forward to doing business again down the road. Feel free to stop in for a complimentary car wash or any service on the BMW. Hope you continue to enjoy the car. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Casey Dobczyk
Sales Manager
815-302-3342
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Hey - thanks for the good service Casey. Like I said, the paperwork error felt like an honest mistake and you handled it respectfully and professionally. Hope the move to the new building went well.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Casey Dobczyk
Registered
Rep
Drives: Sales

The move is going smooth, glad you remember! Take care, be sure to let me know if you ever need anything!

Casey Dobczyk
Sales Manager
815-302-3342
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #5
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Well came across this and figured I would just throw in my $.02 on these guys...

They are complete scumbags. They sold me a car with a rolled back odometer, along with numerous other problems. When I discovered the odometer issue 4 days after purchasing and asked them to just give me back my money, take the car back, and forget the whole thing, they pretty much spat in my face.

Here we are more than 2 years later and I have been trying to get am arbitration hearing with the BBB, but they refuse to pay their arbitration fees. Soon it will be taken to civil court.

If you ask me, they are not paying because they know they're guilty, know they will lose the case, and are just trying to prolong the inevitable. They apparently moved out of the city and into the ghetto recently...sounds like they are headed down he drain fast. I am worried that they will be bankrupt before I can get my money back from them.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]
Appreciate 0