E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Patience of a saint

01-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #23
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Dan View Post
I think that you should give him 1 final chance, if that doesn't work then I think you will be forced to name and shame
+1
Sorry to hear that OP.
I agree with what DAN said. You give him another week and if he does not fully refund you, then N&S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Andy,
Name...And...Shame whoever it is. It's the only way they will learn especially if they are posting up whilst ignoring your PMs.
Not always correct SAM. There is another side of it.

I post on the forums as sometime that is a lot easier and helpful to a forum member than to respond to a pm which requires 30-40 minutes of planning things, typing and making sure other party can understand.

I still have at least 1-2 outstanding pms and whenever I will get time, I will respond to them. I am sure that oldgreysteve will be in same position where he will be getting plenty of pms and it is not always viable to respond to all the pms, but its a lot easier to respond to simple questions on the forum.

I see what you are saying but this assumption is not always correct.
      01-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #24
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
damn did we miss the name and shame?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:08 PM   #25
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
spilll
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #26
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Not always correct SAM. There is another side of it.

I post on the forums as sometime that is a lot easier and helpful to a forum member than to respond to a pm which requires 30-40 minutes of planning things, typing and making sure other party can understand.

I still have at least 1-2 outstanding pms and whenever I will get time, I will respond to them. I am sure that oldgreysteve will be in same position where he will be getting plenty of pms and it is not always viable to respond to all the pms, but its a lot easier to respond to simple questions on the forum.
You aren't wrong Sam, at work I've got to juggle with what's in front of me, what I need to do to get someone's car back on the road, sort the phone and all work emails out, call suppliers for parts and to gauge prices for parts to compile quotes then out of 'enthusiasm for the product' I answer PM's(and boy do I get a few)sometimes at work when I get the time sometimes at home long into the evening, plus if something's of interest I'll spend sometime putting a thread together as well, thus I don't switch off really. And at times I chose to do so. I live breath the product as it's what I do day in day out, but there are times when/where I need to switch off.

Yes I still have some unanswered PM's I do what I can but as the wife says there's one of me and loads of people wanting a peace of me.

But re 'V's' OP and Sam's reply re the seller not responding I see Sam's point, but I also see thst from 'V's' point of view enough times being given to get some closure on the situation.

Whatever way you look at it, it's sad really that it's taken a new thread for something so simple (a transaction between 2 fellow forum members) to for V get resolved.

Last edited by old grey steve; 01-25-2015 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #27
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
You aren't wrong Sam, at work I've got to juggle with what's in front of me, what I need to do to get someone's car back on the road, sort the phone and all work emails out, call suppliers for parts and to gauge prices for parts to compile quotes then out of 'enthusiasm for the product' I answer PM's(and boy do I get a few)sometimes at work when I get the time sometimes at home long into the evening, plus if something's of interest I'll spend sometime putting a thread together as well, thus I don't switch off really.

Yes I still have some unanswered PM's I do what I can but as the wife says there's one of me and loads of people wanting a peace of me.

But re 'V's' OP and Sam's reply re the seller not responding I see Sam's point, but I also see thst from 'V's' point of view enough times being given to get some closure on the situation.

Whatever way you look at it, it's sad really that it's taken a new thread for something so simple (a transaction between 2 fellow forum members) to for V get resolved.
Good to hear your side as well.
I see Sam's point but just wanted to share different side of it.

I know that paypal holds money for 3 weeks sometimes and sometimes more than that. However in OP's case its nearly 6 weeks so paypal should have released the funds. Hope 'v' gets his money back.
      01-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #28
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Good to hear your side as well.
I see Sam's point but just wanted to share different side of it.
Its a good call Sam, if you've got something or offer something and people know about it you're bound to get dare I say 'a following' either for info, help or in my case request for bookings or quotes.

I have to be careful, very careful re forum rules and I'm doing my utmost yo ensure that I do. Hence as a company I've submitted a request re sponsorship but the reply seems a little vague re pricing so at the moment everything stays as it is until clarification from Jason the Moderator.

But like you Sam, I see Sam's point(Sam's a popular name isn't it)and you reply to it. But like you I hope 'V's gets the correct and right closure on this.
      01-25-2015, 04:48 PM   #29
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Cheers guys - a nice friendly little debate there with good and valid points - exactly what a forum is about.
I will update this week as to an outcome

I'm ever hopeful.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 05:22 PM   #30
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I personally think you've waited way long enough. I'm a relative newbie on this particular forum, but I've already bought and sold items and every transaction so far has been plain sailing. I even went out of my way to meet Steve to sell him the backbox, but that's because I feel I should treat those exactly as I expect to be treated. I don't think (unlike some) that forums are the marketing suite to be used to make as much money off people as possible. So if something hasn't been received as described or expected then a simple refund (especially if agreed too) should be provided without any delay.

I've been on forums for more years than I'd care to admit to, and if behind the scenes you can't resolve the issue within a relatively expected timeframe then I'd simply name and shame as this will either force the seller to refund and apologise (to ensure they can still do business here), or at least warn others to be wary with them.
      01-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #31
Jase 320d
Wheelbarrow Edition
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Arctic 320d

5 weeks is rediculous

What did you pay through?

If i buy something from a forum i always use paypal and definately not the 'gift' option (you have no comeback)

I always pay for goods / service through paypal so it at least covers me should anything go wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #32
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Whilst I understand that PayPal may hang on to the money for a while, & if so I can sympathize with the sellers position, but that really isn't the OP's problem or responsibility. V laid out money in good faith & was promised a refund because the goods were substandard, to make the OP wait for this while he sorts out either his business or personal problems is out of order. I certainly wouldn't want to buy anything from the seller, both because he misdescribed the goods & then messed his customer about, so I'd like him N & S so I can avoid him like the plague.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 02:58 AM   #33
drobbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Tough one!

I'd hold off on naming and shaming, as I guess that will be kissing your money goodbye.

Surely if this guys account is frozen, he could just set up another account so that he can clear this issue??

Fingers crossed you get something sorted and its doesn't leave too much of a bad taste!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 04:14 AM   #34
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Again, I appreciate all your comments
being a Macmillan nurse sympathy, empathy and patience is in my nature and I will do my up most to give every opportunity for anything to be resolved. The seller has been in touch (thank you) and has assured me of a refund this week. At this point I feel giving this last opportunity is the right thing to do.
Hope that makes sense to all
cheers
'V'
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 04:33 AM   #35
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'V' View Post
Again, I appreciate all your comments
being a Macmillan nurse sympathy, empathy and patience is in my nature and I will do my up most to give every opportunity for anything to be resolved. The seller has been in touch (thank you) and has assured me of a refund this week. At this point I feel giving this last opportunity is the right thing to do.
Hope that makes sense to all
cheers
'V'
Cool. And you will find that with the fact that this thread is here and that there is a chance that you would consider naming and shaming will probably have helped the seller getting in touch.
      01-26-2015, 04:34 AM   #36
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

It would be interesting to see what peoples thoughts would have been if it were a company as opposed to an individual off the forum withholding a refund etc?
      01-26-2015, 04:49 AM   #37
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Has the person read this thread and reacted to it yet?

Does their username have letters and numbers in it?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:10 AM   #38
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

not sure what the amount was, but maybe the seller was waiting for some money before refunding.... it has just been xmas!? So if it was a lot & he/she has already spent it.... you can't refund until you have funds in your account (you can't use your CC for refunds).

I'm not sticking up for the seller / just giving possible reason & they don't sound like a scam artist, if the goods actually arrived!

Saying this tho..... I wouldn't like waiting this long for a refund!!!

I hope it gets sorted & soon!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:30 AM   #39
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post

I appreciate that could relate to numerous members but just to point out this has nothing to do with me

Jordan
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:32 AM   #40
jammy78
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME either!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:40 AM   #41
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

RFC1970 guy?

he sells loads of bits and i think thats new account for lemans 330d guy
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:42 AM   #42
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

That's two names scored off the list.

I like a game of Who's who.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:43 AM   #43
jammy78
Colonel
Rep

can people stop trying to guess who the seller is.... it helps no one!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:44 AM   #44
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's two names scored off the list.

I like a game of Who's who.
me too