E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > AUC servicing question

03-30-2014, 02:27 AM   #1
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

AUC servicing question

Recently bought a 330d e92 - love it!! Had it for exactly 2 weeks now and its already been back to the dealer for wheel balancing and now has an airbag fault. Anyway, still love it and those issues were/are being resolved without issue

My question is :
I've done less than 1500 miles in the car and last week the oil service light came on - that's fine! However, I've now heard that all service needs should have been taken care of as an AUC if they were working 4000 miles of being due.
I have NOT done anything like 4k and haven't driven the car hard at all.
Is this right that the service needs should have been taken care of, do I have a case with the dealer???
Is this sort of thing documented anywhere by BMW as a
'This will happen for all out AUC etc etc'

Interested in your thoughts guys/girls

'V'
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 02:50 AM   #2
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

The AUC checks are a sham IMHO, if a service is due in the next 3000 miles they should've never let it out of the workshop without getting it done, hopefully a word with the dealership will sort this for u mate

I was sold a car with > 6mm tread and I am having to change both rears after owning it for 6 months and driving it for 4k miles, not happy.

If ur car is less than 5 years old it might be worth checking if the previous owner took out the 5yr service pack that people usually do with new cars, if so then ur sorted anyways.
      03-30-2014, 03:13 AM   #3
'V'
Captain
Rep

Ok cool, how would I check that? Ask he stealer???
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 04:38 AM   #4
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'V' View Post
Ok cool, how would I check that? Ask he stealer???
The dealer will service it for you, just don't go wading in there all guns blazing. If your car does have a service plan then they would "should" of told you at handover of the vehicle or before.

They will know what the mileage was of the car when you had it and now the service light has come on they should service it no question.

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 04:46 AM   #5
'V'
Captain
Rep

I'll give the dealer I bought it from a call today and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #6
90MSP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330D M Sport

Garage List
This kind situation is a bit tricky and you have to be on top of things if you can at the start. I bought my 330d M Sport in November last year, found two very low tread tyres when I looked at it, the dealer replaced and 'serviced' the car before I collected.

Fairly soon after I got it, I found it was running cold and took it back to have the main thermo replaced (I did the EGR myself later as it still wasn't at full temp). Couple of months on and I found out they probably didn't replace the thermo at all (maybe just messed with it) as it did the job for a short while then cold again, so when looked at by a trusted indi it looked old and was replaced with a new one!. As for the 'service' they did, I examined their check list and it was purely visual, not worth the paper its on really !.

Next time... i'm taking a bluetooth ODB and my phone app with me to test for faults etc, test drive it up to full temp !. Eyes just aren't enough nowadays !.

Hope the 'stealer sorts you out... and honestly too !
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:36 AM   #7
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I was sold a car with > 6mm tread and I am having to change both rears after owning it for 6 months and driving it for 4k miles, not happy.
Not quite sure of the point that you are trying to make! If your car had > 6mm of tread on the rears, then they had > 6mm of tread?

Are you saying it was spray on rubber or something and not genuine tread depth?!?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:51 AM   #8
KM79
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2017 335D Msport Saloon

Should've been done if servicing is under 3000 miles or 3 months due from memory I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #9
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by uke92dude
Quote:
Not quite sure of the point that you are trying to make! If your car had > 6mm of tread on the rears, then they had > 6mm of tread?

Are you saying it was spray on rubber or something and not genuine tread depth?!?
Lol, trust u have a great dealer who has been true to his word in everything they said. Do u take a tread gauge out when u buy a car?

Get real man, I went on trust, lessons learnt for the next time.
      03-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #10
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Lol, trust u have a great dealer who has been true to his word in everything they said. Do u take a tread gauge out when u buy a car?

Get real man, I went on trust, lessons learnt for the next time.
Ahhh, assumed you would have checked things like tyres, service, oil, fluids, etc. My mistake (or rather yours!). Dealers are idiots. They make mistakes all the time. Work on the premise that most of these people are fools and satisfy yourself that something is as you expect it. Buyer beware - and a BMW AUC car is no exception!

Last edited by G82Dude; 03-30-2014 at 07:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #11
'V'
Captain
Rep

Well, contacted the dealer and be said
'Hmmm, you shouldn't be needing to have a service, that's not right'

So that's ok.

He checked their records and the car had an oil service at 37k from the previous owner, January 2013 so it shouldn't be due anyway.
It's only a year since then and it's only done 6k

Another thing is, I didn't get a service due warning, just a service 'over due' warning.
What gives???? Fault??? Someone pulling a fast one???
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #12
TheMorphiuz
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d EfficientDynamics

Garage List
You sure it's definitely for a service item?

Mine was on (and red, overdue) when I bought the car. Turned out the 'mandatory inspection' (or MOT) date was set wrong. I changed it to the actual anniversary of the MOT and it was fine.

The MOT is signified with a § symbol.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
'V'
Captain
Rep

yep been thru the idrive system and the only thing coming up as requiring a service is the oil. i dont get the symbol you are referring to. that was my first though as they MOT'd it the day before i picked it up.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #14
TheMorphiuz
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d EfficientDynamics

Garage List
iDrive might be different, probably fully labelled. Mine's non-iDrive so I have to go through the little screen on the instruments...

Sounds like it wasn't reset correctly. If they plug it in, should give more detail. They'll have records against the VIN on what work's been carried out too.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #15
'V'
Captain
Rep

The little key thingy they have at the dealers says its due an oil service.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 04:19 AM   #16
ahenners
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport LCI

TheMorphiuz how do you change the mandatory inspection date? I did wonder what the funny symbol one was as mine is showing due in September even though it was MOT'd this month before I collected it and the service isn't due for 19k. I have iDrive.

OP - hope you manage to get a service from the dealer, they should have done it if it was that close. Also nice to see another E92 330d in titanium silver, most I see near me are white or black. Had mine nearly 2 weeks too and love it!
Appreciate 0