E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Junction Box Passenger side error

11-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
GeSa26
GeSa
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 330D N57

Junction Box Passenger side error

Hey,

Was fiddling with some scan tools on my 09' 330D E90 the only code I always get is something related to the Junction Box Passenger with the following error code and message:

Systems:
Junction Box Passenger / Beifahrer
:FONDSCHICHTUNGSPOTI / FONDSCHICHTUNGSPOTENTIOMETER
Code: 009C69

Tried googling but only found several posts in German forums related to the rear climate vents(?). Anyone else had such an error present on their car and knows where to begin checking?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeSa26 View Post
Hey,

Was fiddling with some scan tools on my 09' 330D E90 the only code I always get is something related to the Junction Box Passenger with the following error code and message:

Systems:

Tried googling but only found several posts in German forums related to the rear climate vents(?). Anyone else had such an error present on their car and knows where to begin checking?
Any issues with the AC? Fan?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
09' 330D E90 the only code I always get is something related to the Junction Box Passenger with the following error code and message:

Systems:
I don't speak German, and Google Translate doesn't always do well with technical translations, but my SWAG is:

Rear Stratification Potentiometer

If you've never ridden in the rear of your car, you may not even realize you have one. It is similar to the Front Stratification Potentiometer thumbwheel in the center of the dash that gives fine-tuning of face vent temp vs. footwell vent temp.

If you refer to the TIS circuit diagram linked below, there is a "Rear Stratification Flap Motor", M4723, and there is also R12, "Fresh Air Grill, Rear Compartment" which appears to also contain a Potentiometer, and is connected to the JBE (A4010a), so THAT is probably the component in question:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...bution/uZS1ONq

"R12" may NEVER have been used (unless you regularly have rear seat passengers who play with controls ;-), and potentiometer/ variable resistors often act up without regular (at least once-a-year ;-) exercise. Suggest spray with electronic contact cleaner & rotate stop-to-stop.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
GeSa26
GeSa
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 330D N57

Will try to dismantle the rear console and see maybe there are some loose/dead cables there, because in the german posts (as far as google translate suggested) the problem was with one of the connector not being connected to the vents (the thingie which controls the hotter/colder regulator). Will come back with results.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #5
Tandave
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i convertible e93

schichtungspoti/fondschichtunpotentiometer

Quote:
Will try to dismantle the rear console and see maybe there are some loose/dead cables there, because in the german posts (as far as google translate suggested) the problem was with one of the connector not being connected to the vents (the thingie which controls the hotter/colder regulator). Will come back with results.
any updates on the fix... i have the same issue and my ac does not cool until my engine hits 220 temp and auxiliary fans turn on. fault 009c69 . thanks.
Appreciate 0