E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1: Singapore GP '19



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #155
tdott
Colonel
931
Rep
2,091
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South FL / 6ix

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Merc's pitstop strategy was gambled . They failed and lost..
I wouldn't say they failed and lost, they just didn't get a great result due to their chosen strategy.
In the grand scheme, Hamilton still has a 96 point lead on LeClerc and Max in the driver standings.

LeClerc (or Max) can win every race for the rest of the season (6) and Hamilton only needs to finish 5th or higher every race to still win the championship.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #156
msk340i
First Lieutenant
228
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I wouldn't say they failed and lost, they just didn't get a great result due to their chosen strategy.
In the grand scheme, Hamilton still has a 96 point lead on LeClerc and Max in the driver standings.

LeClerc (or Max) can win every race for the rest of the season (6) and Hamilton only needs to finish 5th or higher every race to still win the championship.
They failed and lost the gamble. With Vettel's crazy fast out lap and LEC's pace their only chance was to wait and hope for a safety car. They gambled, they lost. Toto did say that they weren't able to beat Ferrari with pace, so it had to be with pitting under SC.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 09:34 AM   #157
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
793
Rep
1,605
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Yea I don't think they fell apart also. You could say Ferrari had the faster car all year but couldn't put it together for a full race weekend, several team/driver failures/mistakes in the first half. So even with the lesser car Mercs have been getting more out of them atleast in the first half.

Should be an interesting finish to the season, hopefully we see some great racing.
I think we've already seen great racing and a lot of action,Ferrari have three on the trot now and with Sochi approaching it's Merc that has a lot of head scratching with Ferrari and Red Bull nothing to lose.
If Merc want to just collect points with detuned engines for both the championships than risk engine problems then I see that happening than risk
a DNF going for wins.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #158
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
1434
Rep
61,729
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Finally Ferrari had executed the right strategy to turn around a 1-3 into a 1-2 result!
Solid result from RBR! P3 and P6.
Mercedes gambled and didnt work out.

But I do not think Ferrari deliberately sacrificed LeClerc's race in favor of Vettel. First LeClerc still has the track position and Hamilton hasn't pitted.
They need to cover RBR's VER in case of any undercut. So they pitted VET first.

And VET drove a great outlap not just overtaking HAM and also LEC. Its just part of racing. But I think LEC's race engineer failed to inform him the big picture, and LEC would've expect he will still be in front of VET after pit rotation.

I'm sure everything will be cleared post race debrief. No need to make too much news out of this.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #159
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18278
Rep
11,032
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I wouldn't say they failed and lost, they just didn't get a great result due to their chosen strategy.
In the grand scheme, Hamilton still has a 96 point lead on LeClerc and Max in the driver standings.

LeClerc (or Max) can win every race for the rest of the season (6) and Hamilton only needs to finish 5th or higher every race to still win the championship.
Lewis is actually already WC . MAX has no chance anymore to win a race in this season . Honda just improved with the latest Spec/4 power source .But still it's not good enough and MAX had continuous lack of grip in the turns .
The third place was outstanding for him with the Honda with lack of power and grip . So . Like usual he did more with less ...

Ferrari is untouchable for the rest of the season .Their improvement (legal or not) is huge , as we could see even on a street circuit (not normal)
I heard several rumours ,yesterday and today .Even in the latest interview from RB-Horner .It's all about the Ferrari smell of grapefruit and strawberry . Anyway it's for sure it's a top secret in the F1 (Ferrari) world .
Honestly , first I thought it was a joke
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #160
tdott
Colonel
931
Rep
2,091
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South FL / 6ix

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Lewis is actually already WC .
Not technically true as yet, he could have engine failure or someone crash into him and take him out which would make things interesting championship points wise.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #161
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18278
Rep
11,032
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
We all love him, but don't let Philippe fool you.

Do you really think that the Orange (Dutch) army would turn up in droves for a Belgian driver?
Most importantly though: Max speaks like a Dutch person from the Province of Limburg, definitely no Flemmish/Belgian pronunciation.
Finally, the way he talks is 100% Dutch - super direct and informal. Some might call it arrogant.
So admit it, he's ours!
=> https://www.demorgen.be/nieuws/max-v...belg~bb07b664/
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
EdM5538.50

      09-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #162
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18278
Rep
11,032
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Not technically true as yet, he could have engine failure or someone crash into him and take him out which would make things interesting championship points wise.
In all of the next 6 races . That chance is like 0 %
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #163
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
539
Rep
1,722
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
aw man come on! You've had guys like Gendebien and Boutsen, and in particular the legendary Jackie Ickx.
We've only had Lammers and Verstappen Sr.

It's just not fair from B to claim Max as well
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #164
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18278
Rep
11,032
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
aw man come on! You've had guys like Gendebien and Boutsen, and in particular the legendary Jackie Ickx.
We've only had Lammers and Verstappen Sr.

It's just not fair from B to claim Max as well
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
EdM5538.50

      09-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #165
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
656
Rep
893
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Lewis is actually already WC . MAX has no chance anymore to win a race in this season . Honda just improved with the latest Spec/4 power source .But still it's not good enough and MAX had continuous lack of grip in the turns .
The third place was outstanding for him with the Honda with lack of power and grip . So . Like usual he did more with less ...

Ferrari is untouchable for the rest of the season .Their improvement (legal or not) is huge , as we could see even on a street circuit (not normal)
I heard several rumours ,yesterday and today .Even in the latest interview from RB-Horner .It's all about the Ferrari smell of grapefruit and strawberry . Anyway it's for sure it's a top secret in the F1 (Ferrari) world .
Honestly , first I thought it was a joke
i dont think RB's Honda is not good anymore.. Hamilton couldnt close the gap on straights to Max with DRS.. yes maybe RB lowered the wings more than Merc but still.. Merc has average top speed generally and seems RB is at least above average nowadays..

and often gossips end up true.. but there is a catch.. Ferrari is F1 and F1 is Ferrari also.. there is huge amount of Ferrari fans.. even if there is some cheating, and im not saying there is, it wont be the same treatment lets say with Haas or something..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2019, 09:42 AM   #166
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18278
Rep
11,032
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i dont think RB's Honda is not good anymore.. Hamilton couldnt close the gap on straights to Max with DRS.. yes maybe RB lowered the wings more than Merc but still.. Merc has average top speed generally and seems RB is at least above average nowadays..

and often gossips end up true.. but there is a catch.. Ferrari is F1 and F1 is Ferrari also.. there is huge amount of Ferrari fans.. even if there is some cheating, and im not saying there is, it wont be the same treatment lets say with Haas or something..
It's Honda's first season in the RB15 , and Honda is doing much better than expected .But it's like Rosberg is saying , MAX lifted the car and the power source to a higher level by his supernatural driver skills .

Yeah , indeed . They lowered the setting from the wings to get a higher topspeed . That's why MAX had lack of grip in the turns.
Engineers calculated the improvement of strength from Ferrari ,and they measured the difference in performance from in the beginning of the season . They saw the Ferrari power source got at least 70-80+HP , in combination with more downforce .

Of course the extra Ferrari power has to come from somewhere ...
Is it the smell from grapefruit ? Or is it strawberry juice ?
=> https://autoweek.com/article/formula...apefruit-juice
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
yco655.50

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST