E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > **Awbimmer E92 335D** - End of an Era....

08-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

impressive one I'd love to see in the flesh gets my
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Car has come such a long way bud, you should be proud.
Thanks Dave, I remember when I first joined here with my Alpine White E90 and you had the Black E90... I've never modded a car and thought I loved my E90 for the colour, I just waited until my E92.. even remember the day I picked it up and called you haha, was thinking this is Sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
LOL @ the retire comment! you crack me up bro!

but going darker centers on your wheels really paid off, its a really nice colour with the sparkle and looks great when the sun hits it!

she looks great and a job well done! one of the best Silver cars i have seen mate!!!

very nice
Cheers mush, all the more reason you start your thread now man! I'm onto Phase 3 almost!!!!!!!! LOL. I blame you Sumil LOL. 2012 my bank loved me. 2013 I think they want to blacklist me hahahah!

Love your car man, wheels, drop everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Never cease to amaze Sam!

How deep is that wallet of yours lol At this rate you are returning your wheels before every show you do lol

You cannot stop now lol we all expect you to keep going haha

I like the new scheme mate and Dips did a cracking job!
You know Dips' work is 2nd to none man, can't argue with the Boss! Thanks for your work on the lights. Makes the front end complete! Totally transforms it. So aggressive the look it gives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safety_james View Post
- The quality of work on your car is superb. Worth every penny!
Thanks buddy, It is worth the wait and ££ but it's not cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Looks good but prefer the standard 230's
That's my winter set up, always keeping them Carlos! With a drop they look real hot too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Lots of wow-age there sam. Looks great. Time for the next mod...cause you know you won't retire! Lolol
Shaun, thanks to you and your arm twisting but very valid points, I went ahead with it.. CIA!! Now, I want to enjoy the car and not mod anymore. I've finally done and bought everything I had originally planned but never thought I'd do due to cost / hassle and pure laziness but I'm so pleased, I can't explain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.J View Post
Have never seen either of your threads.. but now i have, im pleased!

This is now my favourite e92! its perfect! Love the front splitter/lip!

Looks amazing!

...is how I feel right about now haha. Thanks Alex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theivz View Post
stunning dude. simply stunning. love the rims

panther black looks very sexy!
Not as sexy as those wheels and interior bro... loved the steering wheel too! Your tourer is one of my fav's hands down!! Thanks again for the kind words... see you at Players!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Love it!!
Got to be the best silver E92 out there.
You won't stop lol, once you start you never stop.
Thanks Adam. So nice to know that... I can't say how difficult silver as a colour ahs been to work with... and choosing panther black was all about being different. When the sun hits the wheels and mirror caps and the diffuser, it just glimmers! I know it's hard for you all to think this but I've nothing more to buy... I've just gone ahead with M3 Fox Red interior today which will be in the car by next week... so that's me completely totalled!! What more could I want... the car wants for nothing touch wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere View Post
I can't believe you keep finding new things to change!

Loving the black panther...any shots of that rear diffuser installed?
Nothing more to change now my friend, I'm 110% happy!!!
No shots yet but will do next week. I'll have some proper pics up, professional ones in a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Definitely prefer the black and silver theme. Transformed into a real mean machine.
Cheers Mo - appreciate the kind words!! Love your perf diffuser too! You enjoying the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
When is phase III out Sammy?
Good to meet Sam! No Phase 3, just mentioned above.. I've finally decided to get the M3 Fox Red Interior so that's me completely finished.

More pics of that will be up in a couple weeks and again, professional pics will be on too after they're snapped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrncour View Post
Looks sweet, some good work going on there. but damn you as I keep spending money everytime i read one of your threads. Spent a fortune this week on my car, and now seeing them mirror caps I may have to get some also in black.

I'm going similar black and silver theme, but carbon instead of black.
LOL, I like the few changes you've made Sir, looks very nice and always good to see different versions of the same colour!
I know just what you mean... it's hard to stop once you've started.

It's exactly ONE YEAR since I started modding this car and I'm at the finish line now... get it out of your system and don't let the last bit stop you, it's always the hardest since you've already spent so much. Life and enjoy!! (and save too!!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA320 View Post
Car looks sick! Love what you've done man. Car has come a long way!

We should do a mini meet down the ace cafe one day!
Always up for meets brother! Not for a couple of weeks but anytime thereafter and thanks for the kind words
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste133 View Post
Stop being an indecisive little tart...

However, the car is super hot. She looked great from behind when I was following you to Gaydon..

Very nice indeed chap, very nice.
Ha, cheers Steve, my patnah' in crime haha. I've only gone and bought the damn M3 Fox Red seats as previous said..... There's nothing more I want to change, nothing!

Unless ................ I do want a remap but truthfully, I'm happy without. I'm not a racer... I like to cruise enjoy the music !!! JL12w7 Obviously!!!!!! LOL.

Last edited by AWBimmer; 08-23-2013 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Sam!!!! Wow!

I love it my friend!!! I still hvent seen this beauty in person!

Im sure soon I will!

Once again I love what you've done!! +1 Crusing with good music!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
13PTK
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d,F32 435d xDrive

That Is What I Call The Perfect Car,great Job
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #27
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sh@Crystalwhite View Post
Sam!!!! Wow!

I love it my friend!!! I still hvent seen this beauty in person!

Im sure soon I will!

Once again I love what you've done!! +1 Crusing with good music!
Ish,
That's very kind of you, thankyou for the nice words. It's really nice to know that the car has been received so well by everyone on here. I'm so pleased with the work of Dips and the lights by Josh. It really was a struggle to make Silver stand out - you'll know if you ever own a silver car, but it's the subtle touches that make all the difference. The moulding of the lip, the two tone rear spoiler, the dark centres and not plain black - panther black so it shines with a fleck of colour when the sun hits it, the custom centre caps, dension gateway 500 and much more. It makes it really unique and gives it just the look I had aimed for but, couldn't in phase 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13PTK View Post
That Is What I Call The Perfect Car,great Job

Thanks to you Sir, for the kind words! It means a great deal!

Last edited by AWBimmer; 08-31-2013 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #28
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

OKAY.... So an update... MSport Side Skirts are potentially sold pending payment, as my M3 side skirts are now here ready to be painted and fitted.

I knew I wanted to do something with my interior but wasn't sure what. Read on...

Option 1 was to have my current M Sport seats retrimmed.. not like the max power days but something classy.
Option 2 was to invest in a set of M3 seats.. but which colour? Black to play it safe or Fox Red to be individual.

If I chose Black, I'm practically paying for more comfy seats, however with red, I'm paying for that as well as the looks, plus they are rare as rocking horse, so I know when I sell on, I'll be able to see some of the money in return.

The other 'issue' with buying Fox Red M3 seats was that it may clash with my orange pearl theme and too many colours would get involved... silver, panther black, orange and fox red. Having seen Fox Red in person, they're a much more 'browny' colour to the eye (beauty being it changes colour in every picture/shade/angle etc) as seen in P5UMLs car - looks the nuts dude!

I bit the bullet and decided to buy the Fox Red interior... and all I will say is, boy am I glad! I'm picking up my car very soon and I am just so damn excited I cannot wait!!! I've only ever seen one Silver BMW with Fox Red Interior... on the net. They are very rare it seems...

So my audio is complete fitted with Dension 500 (giving me full control of iPod via my iDrive) and the new interior will keep me thrilled to bits. My wheels had a couple of small things that needed doing which is now done and apart from a boot retrim / remap, which I may look into later down the line, I am fully done!!

To say I'm excited and pleased with the car is a pure understatement. I am so happy with it I hope I can keep it and enjoy for years to come (touch wood). I can finally now start saving up for a house etc etc, I cannot wait to just enjoy the car

Anyways, just a few pics of the interior off the iPhone.

Sorry for the poor pics in the thread. Full professional photographs will be up in a few weeks so stay tuned!
Attached Images

Last edited by AWBimmer; 08-31-2013 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #29
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Looks banging!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #30
Shere
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i SE Auto (2007)

Niiiice! Did you grab them off eBay? I've been looking out and seen a few of them on there!

Did you it yourself? Much of a job?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

OHHHHHH YESSSSS! Mighty fine stuff there bro!

I am very jel! Hopefully i will be able to get as lucky with a find!

You must be over da mooooon
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #32
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looks banging!!
Thanks buddy!! I love the seats so soft and colour is friggin amazing!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #33
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere View Post
Niiiice! Did you grab them off eBay? I've been looking out and seen a few of them on there!

Did you it yourself? Much of a job?
I grabbed them off a breaker I knew )
I didn't do this myself, had dips do them so had my seats sent to him directly! He's just a magician lol! Fronts are very easy as I know that but rears and door cards are tricky I believe.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #34
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
OHHHHHH YESSSSS! Mighty fine stuff there bro!

I am very jel! Hopefully i will be able to get as lucky with a find!

You must be over da mooooon
Josh,
I can't tell you mate, I am beyond over the moon dude! I just can't explain how pleased and excited I am every time I see / drive the car, don't mean to sound vain but it's been a mad long journey so I ally enjoying my time with it now.

Last stop is m3 side skirts and retrimming the boot. Then I'll either change my MS8 for something else so I can Continue to play about with the settings, and this weekend I'm taking off door cards/rear bumper to apply sound deadening.

She's hopefully gonna sound very good!

Bass is so nice inside the car now, but too loud if you ask me but what the heck, YOLO lol!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #35
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post

Bass is so nice inside the car now, but too loud if you ask me
There's no such thing as too much bass!

Excited to see your Sideskirts! Im very very very tempted!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #36
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

red leathers make such a difference, and on top of that you got m3 ones! chayaze, going in hard man looks mad!

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #37
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Josh,
I can't tell you mate, I am beyond over the moon dude! I just can't explain how pleased and excited I am every time I see / drive the car, don't mean to sound vain but it's been a mad long journey so I ally enjoying my time with it now.

Last stop is m3 side skirts and retrimming the boot. Then I'll either change my MS8 for something else so I can Continue to play about with the settings, and this weekend I'm taking off door cards/rear bumper to apply sound deadening.

She's hopefully gonna sound very good!

Bass is so nice inside the car now, but too loud if you ask me but what the heck, YOLO lol!
Well it was a great find! And they look the biz! I know exactly what you mean bro! Must be a nice place to sit

I think m3 skirts will set it off nicely and defintlely look forward to the retrim!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
AnthonyR
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

Looking good Sam
      09-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #39
Apogee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d/Lancer Evolution X

car looks good, I just recently picked up a 335d and its such a awesome vehicle.
      09-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #40
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well it was a great find! And they look the biz! I know exactly what you mean bro! Must be a nice place to sit

I think m3 skirts will set it off nicely and defintlely look forward to the retrim!
M3 sides are a defo must considering I've gone for the aggressive look and yeah really really pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
Looking good Sam
Yours too buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
car looks good, I just recently picked up a 335d and its such a awesome vehicle.
They are indeed, averaging 38mpg mixed town driving and unmapped, stock at 286bhp is plenty fast for me, for now
      09-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #41
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

So chaps, not like I'll change now but I was outside this evening cleaning and polishing my wheels. I was holding my torch via iPhone since it was dark and the light gave my wheel bolts a gold look... it was looking friggin awesome... so maybe when I'm bored next year, I may change to gold bolts... but not now..
      09-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #42
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Still don't understand how you get 38mpg mixed town driving!! I get 22-25 in town and up to 45 on the motorway. On average i get 28mpg lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #43
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

By the way, surely this car needs a mag feature or something?? What you think guys?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #44
Apogee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d/Lancer Evolution X

Quote:
Still don't understand how you get 38mpg mixed town driving!! I get 22-25 in town and up to 45 on the motorway. On average i get 28mpg lol.
im getting about the same surprisingly, Can't believe a car this fast gets such a great MPG