Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


The Tire Rack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Who makes good, 19", performance tires??



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
Vivek.
Major
880
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Who makes good, 19", performance tires??

Toyo seems to have discontinued the R888R in 275/30/19. Now I can do 235/35 front and 265/35 rear but on 9 and 10" widths I'd like to go 10mm more width and a 30 profile instead of 35.

Only tire in 245/30 and 275/30 is a PS4S which at 300+ TW isn’t enough for big power. Looking for something sub 200tw, R888R's are 100 which is a great sweet spot.

Toyo RR would be great if they made a 275/30 instead of the 295/30 that'll probably never fit without big rear fender mods. They make 235/35 for the front, which is more or less fine, since rear is more of an issue
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
Yotaismygame
First Lieutenant
Yotaismygame's Avatar
74
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

Falkin AZENIS RT660 - SIZE: 275/30ZR19?????

I'm not a huge fan of 235/265 on 9/10" wide wheels. More stretch than I like to see.

There is only a 245/35 for the front...

If you can't find a set you like just run different rears. They wear out faster anyways.
Appreciate 1
Vivek.879.50

      04-12-2021, 05:38 PM   #3
Vivek.
Major
880
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
Falkin AZENIS RT660 - SIZE: 275/30ZR19?????

I'm not a huge fan of 235/265 on 9/10" wide wheels. More stretch than I like to see.

There is only a 245/35 for the front...

If you can't find a set you like just run different rears. They wear out faster anyways.
Yup I just found those. May pull the trigger. I have a pair of 265/35 RE71R's (seemingly discontinued now) that I bought new last year and only had like one day on em so they're in great condition. May use those temporarily....I was/am so disappointed to see R888R discontinued their 275/30...

I don't think 245/35 would fit the front. 235/35 rubs slightly with these wheels (437M)

I have a pair of 245/35 RE71R's from the same set as the rear 265/35, so it would only be a $60 or so ordeal to see if that size will fit the front.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
Vivek.
Major
880
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
Falkin AZENIS RT660 - SIZE: 275/30ZR19?????

I'm not a huge fan of 235/265 on 9/10" wide wheels. More stretch than I like to see.

There is only a 245/35 for the front...

If you can't find a set you like just run different rears. They wear out faster anyways.
Got some great news from a tire shop: they were able to source R888R's in 275/30 and 235/35.

So at least for now I've been able to avoid solving this problem. If by chance I go thru the fronts first (in general rears wear out quicker BUT when tracking the fronts take an absolute beating) I'll throw a pair of Toyo RR's on there to try em out. Beautiful semi-slicks in a 40tw
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:49 PM   #5
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
553
Rep
2,016
Posts

Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Yup I just found those. May pull the trigger. I have a pair of 265/35 RE71R's (seemingly discontinued now) that I bought new last year and only had like one day on em so they're in great condition. May use those temporarily....I was/am so disappointed to see R888R discontinued their 275/30...

I don't think 245/35 would fit the front. 235/35 rubs slightly with these wheels (437M)

I have a pair of 245/35 RE71R's from the same set as the rear 265/35, so it would only be a $60 or so ordeal to see if that size will fit the front.
Hmm, never had issues with 437m. I have 255/35/19 and only on extreme compression with turning to I get rubbing on the wheel well. 245/35/19 seems to be fine. Rear needs a roll then up to 275/35/19 fits more than fine. Height adjusters are available in multiple forms.
Appreciate 1
Vivek.879.50

      04-13-2021, 01:09 AM   #6
Vivek.
Major
880
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
Hmm, never had issues with 437m. I have 255/35/19 and only on extreme compression with turning to I get rubbing on the wheel well. 245/35/19 seems to be fine. Rear needs a roll then up to 275/35/19 fits more than fine. Height adjusters are available in multiple forms.
Thank you for the input! Super helpful for future reference. I think the part it rubs on is 335is-specific, it's the aux radiator in the driver's side wheel well. Car is on H&R Sport blue springs currently--with what suspension setup did you fit 255/35 in the front?

I believe the rear is rolled but I'll have to double check. If it is, it didn't look aggressively rolled since the 265/30 looked like it'd get within 5-7mm of the fender at full compression. I know e9x fenders are different from e90-91-92/93 and LCI/pre-LIC--but I have no idea what exactly the differences are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 02:18 AM   #7
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
553
Rep
2,016
Posts

Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
Hmm, never had issues with 437m. I have 255/35/19 and only on extreme compression with turning to I get rubbing on the wheel well. 245/35/19 seems to be fine. Rear needs a roll then up to 275/35/19 fits more than fine. Height adjusters are available in multiple forms.
Thank you for the input! Super helpful for future reference. I think the part it rubs on is 335is-specific, it's the aux radiator in the driver's side wheel well. Car is on H&R Sport blue springs currently--with what suspension setup did you fit 255/35 in the front?

I believe the rear is rolled but I'll have to double check. If it is, it didn't look aggressively rolled since the 265/30 looked like it'd get within 5-7mm of the fender at full compression. I know e9x fenders are different from e90-91-92/93 and LCI/pre-LIC--but I have no idea what exactly the differences are.
I'm on B12s with an E36 spring perch to raise it a little over a cm. I like how it sits better with the wheels exposed vs tucked, but that's a personal preference. Here's a pic before it finished settling. I'll see if I can grab some more
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 1
Vivek.879.50

      04-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #8
Yotaismygame
First Lieutenant
Yotaismygame's Avatar
74
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

What kind of offset does your front wheels have?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #9
Vivek.
Major
880
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
What kind of offset does your front wheels have?
Fronts are a 9" +29, rears are 10" +40
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:29 AM   #10
Yotaismygame
First Lieutenant
Yotaismygame's Avatar
74
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

Pretty identical to my setup. People fit 255/30/19 with that front wheel all the time. I'm running a 245/35/19 on a 19x9 et35 and I've run a 5mm spacer before without problems. Well I do rub in a few spots mainly during parking lot maneuvers. The rear I bet you can fit a 285. My Fenders are rolled and I easily fit a 275/30/19 19x10 et38. I also tried a 5mm spacer and was not an issue. Been thinking hard to swap out to 285's
Appreciate 1
Vivek.879.50

      04-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #11
Bimmer_Bro
First Lieutenant
Bimmer_Bro's Avatar
Canada
116
Rep
371
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

I love my continental extreme sport contacts. Had them on for a few summers now
275 30 19 rear
235 35 19 front

I have xdrive so this setup keeps it in the 1%
Circumference difference.
Zero rubbing but I have a lci. I know the offset is a little different.
__________________
Instagram : @Bimmer_bro
Appreciate 1
Vivek.879.50

      04-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #12
Vivek.
Major
880
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
Pretty identical to my setup. People fit 255/30/19 with that front wheel all the time. I'm running a 245/35/19 on a 19x9 et35 and I've run a 5mm spacer before without problems. Well I do rub in a few spots mainly during parking lot maneuvers. The rear I bet you can fit a 285. My Fenders are rolled and I easily fit a 275/30/19 19x10 et38. I also tried a 5mm spacer and was not an issue. Been thinking hard to swap out to 285's
Are you on stock or M3 control arms? I believe the M3 front arms push the wheel a hair forward, I rubbed on 245/35 on stock 19" style 313's (19x8 et37) to the point that it was fairly obnoxious in parking lots on stock springs/struts and M3 upper/lower arms.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #13
Yotaismygame
First Lieutenant
Yotaismygame's Avatar
74
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Are you on stock or M3 control arms? I believe the M3 front arms push the wheel a hair forward, I rubbed on 245/35 on stock 19" style 313's (19x8 et37) to the point that it was fairly obnoxious in parking lots on stock springs/struts and M3 upper/lower arms.
Your new ride is an LCI right? Forgot all about that when I made my comment about running 285's.

Still stock control arms. M3 are coming whenever I get around to it lol. I wonder if the 8" wide wheel had something to do with it. I'm pretty low right now too.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #14
Vivek.
Major
880
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
Your new ride is an LCI right? Forgot all about that when I made my comment about running 285's.

Still stock control arms. M3 are coming whenever I get around to it lol. I wonder if the 8" wide wheel had something to do with it. I'm pretty low right now too.
Yes new ride is 2013 335is. It was on 265/30's when I test drove (currently getting 275/30's and new 235's up front), both front and rear looked nearly as close to the fenders as they could comfortably be. Hoping for no issues on 275 because I seriously think it'll have like 2mm at full compression.

Car is back up in OR at the moment and wheels are off for powdercoating otherwise I'd post pics of how close it is. Few weeks and it'll be fully dialed in and ready for pickup.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 04:44 PM   #15
Yotaismygame
First Lieutenant
Yotaismygame's Avatar
74
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Yes new ride is 2013 335is. It was on 265/30's when I test drove (currently getting 275/30's and new 235's up front), both front and rear looked nearly as close to the fenders as they could comfortably be. Hoping for no issues on 275 because I seriously think it'll have like 2mm at full compression.

Car is back up in OR at the moment and wheels are off for powdercoating otherwise I'd post pics of how close it is. Few weeks and it'll be fully dialed in and ready for pickup.
Sounds awesome. My Brothers car is a stock 2012 e92 XI with 19x9.5 et 45 wheels with 10mm spacer. Fits 275 with ease. Not sure if that helps.
Appreciate 1
Vivek.879.50

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST