E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BMW dealership had a hard time with my alignment

03-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
Teohenwhy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

BMW dealership had a hard time with my alignment

I have H&R sport springs on my E90 and took my car to my local BMW dealership to have the alignment done. My buddy who works there told me that due to my car being so low the machine couldn't accurately read it. He said that he adjusted everything to " green " and that it still is a little off specs because the machine couldn't accurately read my car and he already maxed the adjustments out. He said I might have to take my car that has a machine that can read lowered cars to get a more accurate alignment done. Has anyone successfully had their alignment done at a dealership with H&R springs? He also said my stock shocks are blown so that might be causing my car to sit a little lower than it should be on these springs. I will be replacing the shocks with Koni Yellows next week and having him redo the alignment.
      03-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
...They have no idea WTF they are doing. Find a reputable independent alignment shop in your area, it does not have to be BMW specific.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 04:48 AM   #3
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

What he said.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 04:01 AM   #4
CALWATERBOY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teohenwhy View Post
I have H&R sport springs on my E90 and took my car to my local BMW dealership to have the alignment done. My buddy who works there told me that due to my car being so low the machine couldn't accurately read it. He said that he adjusted everything to " green " and that it still is a little off specs because the machine couldn't accurately read my car and he already maxed the adjustments out. He said I might have to take my car that has a machine that can read lowered cars to get a more accurate alignment done. Has anyone successfully had their alignment done at a dealership with H&R springs? He also said my stock shocks are blown so that might be causing my car to sit a little lower than it should be on these springs. I will be replacing the shocks with Koni Yellows next week and having him redo the alignment.

Ummm....NO
Appreciate 0