E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 lci heated seats retro fit

11-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
redwildcat17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i xdrive m sport

E90 lci heated seats retro fit

So my car came without heated seats and I found a set that is heated and a split fold rear. For the heated seats, both mine and the new set are sports with the lumbar and side bolsters and what not, only thing different is the new ones are heated. Do I just need the dash button under the climate controls and I'm good to go? I'm assuming they'll need to be coded with pro-tool or some program. Also wonder if there is a difference between lci and non lci or if it all should bolt right up? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 01:48 PM   #2
gamesfrager
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Your prayers are answered.

- you will need a clockspring that has the heated steering wheel wire (can be easily identified by that wire with blue plug)

- no coding is required, but I did need to reset the angle sensor and DSC through Protool, which you already have, so that's good

- you will need a custom harness since our cars are not prewired for the heated steering wheel

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1528395
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
redwildcat17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesfrager View Post
Your prayers are answered.

- you will need a clockspring that has the heated steering wheel wire (can be easily identified by that wire with blue plug)

- no coding is required, but I did need to reset the angle sensor and DSC through Protool, which you already have, so that's good

- you will need a custom harness since our cars are not prewired for the heated steering wheel

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1528395
That's for heated steering wheel, I'm talking heated seats
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
gamesfrager
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Ops...wow, now kids, this is what working overtime staring at thousands of lines of code will do to your brain.

Sorry, redwildcat17. My bad
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
johnmyster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 n52

This is covered in other seat conversion threads, but...

LCI models had active headrests, so you really should find LCI seats. Else, you'll need to code out that feature to get the error to go away.

Yes, heated seats will need to be added to the VO for various modules.

You can get the button strip below the climate control that has the seat buttons, but LCI cars had another option. The LCI CC panel had heated seat buttons below the blower speed rocker. It's a cleaner look if you don't already have the additional button strip for hill descent control or rear sunshade. I got the whole LCI CC panel with heated seat buttons for $50 on ebay. Plugged right in and functioned 100%, but the heated seat buttons will be dead until VO update.

You'll need to get the seat control modules with your new seats.

You'll have to add a few wires between the passenger module and the junction box in the passenger footwell/fusebox location.

I'm doing heated seat swap as we speak on a LCI e92, so my situation is a little different in terms of the requisite wiring/modules.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #6
redwildcat17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmyster View Post
This is covered in other seat conversion threads, but...

LCI models had active headrests, so you really should find LCI seats. Else, you'll need to code out that feature to get the error to go away.

Yes, heated seats will need to be added to the VO for various modules.

You can get the button strip below the climate control that has the seat buttons, but LCI cars had another option. The LCI CC panel had heated seat buttons below the blower speed rocker. It's a cleaner look if you don't already have the additional button strip for hill descent control or rear sunshade. I got the whole LCI CC panel with heated seat buttons for $50 on ebay. Plugged right in and functioned 100%, but the heated seat buttons will be dead until VO update.

You'll need to get the seat control modules with your new seats.

You'll have to add a few wires between the passenger module and the junction box in the passenger footwell/fusebox location.

I'm doing heated seat swap as we speak on a LCI e92, so my situation is a little different in terms of the requisite wiring/modules.
So if I just want to code out the active headrest I just need the new cc module and I'm good to go? Also if I have the lower buttons for hill decent can I get the new one with the heated seats down there or does it need to be with the cc? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #7
johnmyster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 n52

From my research (not experience) on the topic, I'm pretty sure the answers to your questions are yes, yes, no.
Appreciate 0