E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Full Review -- Supreme Power -- Lowering Perches ----------



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #155
PrematureApex
Colonel
795
Rep
2,398
Posts

Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCC View Post
These perches actually lengthen the static distance from Bottom Spring Perch (fixed on strut) to Top Spring Perch (Supreme Power) so the spring is not as compressed upon top hat assembly as it was with stock top hat.

Thus, the car now sees an initially lighter spring (same spring but not as compressed as stock assembly) with the strut sitting further into its stroke (hence the approximate 0.5 inch lowering), and in my case has further increases bump stop activity. Outcome will vary based on existing strut/spring that is used and their related baseline performance.
Ummm...when the car is on the ground, the spring is compressed the exact same amount. That is dictated by the cars weight, which hasn't changed.
__________________
'02 S54 M3 (500/500 GC/Koni)
'08 N54 135 (JB4, DCI, BMW PS/Bilstein B6s, H&R M3 FSB, Strongflex FCABs)
'14 N55 X1 (JB4, BMS DP, BMS Intake, Alpina TCU reflash, H&R Sports, Bilstein B6s, E93 M3 RSB, Strongflex FCABs, baby seat)
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #156
cdgatti
Colonel
cdgatti's Avatar
194
Rep
2,490
Posts

Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY

iTrader: (4)

correct the spring is compressed to the same length per the weight of the vehicle but the top of the spring is closer to the shock tower bolts (fixed position on the body) thus the car in effect is lowered.
__________________
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #157
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2406
Rep
6,247
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

I promised to post photos. This morning I dig out the strut mounts. SP lowering perches are known to make contact with the strut mount. This will most definetely happen with old worn out strut mounts. In my case it did with brand new mountd as well. The perch and the mount will colide under heavy loads. In my case during hard cornering on the track causing the steering to jam up briefly. I replaced the with Ground Control plates which also have design flaw but that is for a different thread. Take a look:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #158
Twnturbofanatic
Private First Class
15
Rep
164
Posts

Drives: E92 Black Saphire 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New jersey

iTrader: (2)

got my perches installed today.. the shop i had install them refused to leave off the rubber seating between the perch and the spring so i basically had no choice.. told me it was a liability issue that would be on them. regardless even with the rubber seating the cars stance is now perfectly aligned with the rear shocks which is exactly what i was hoping for... i bet without the rubber it would be even lower but I'm happy! anyone know how much lower the car sits without the rubber ring installed? either way well worth the investment in my opinion
__________________
2010 E92 335i, M Sport, JB4 G5 iso, Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe, Tial Bov, VSRF Catless Downpipes, Bmw performance exhaust, Dci, Gloss back grills, Depo smoked side markers, carbon fiber emblems , 15% tint, custom carbon wrapped interior.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #159
Theador
Lieutenant
69
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 M Sport 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Henley on Thames

iTrader: (0)

Taken mine back off (at great expense) the issue on mine was the whole spring was turning on the lower perch. Any ideas what it might be? I'm going to be putting in some B8 dampers in a few months. Don't know whether to try again with these perches or just get a set of Eibach Sportline to replace my Eibach pros
__________________
e91 335i MSPort 6MT | MHD Stage 2 +FMIC v7.1 | VRSF Catless DPs | Hartge ARBs | Quaife LSD | Eibach Springs | 313 Alloys | VRSF 7" Intercooler and Ingen Intake

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #160
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2406
Rep
6,247
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
Taken mine back off (at great expense) the issue on mine was the whole spring was turning on the lower perch. Any ideas what it might be? I'm going to be putting in some B8 dampers in a few months. Don't know whether to try again with these perches or just get a set of Eibach Sportline to replace my Eibach pros
You need to re-read this thread, especially post #157 with the photo I have attached. The mount and the SP perch are binding. Either on the top or the bottom there the mount bearing is.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:20 PM   #161
Theador
Lieutenant
69
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 M Sport 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Henley on Thames

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
You need to re-read this thread, especially post #157 with the photo I have attached. The mount and the SP perch are binding. Either on the top or the bottom there the mount bearing is.
Cool yeah I did read through the thread, just a bit confused about the extra washer thing, where it goes in relation to he existing washer. Anyway they're out for now. I think I'll just get a set of Eibach Sportline springs instead so these are up for sale in the next couple of days and my Eibach pro kit will probably be up next month. Only used for a few hundred miles.
__________________
e91 335i MSPort 6MT | MHD Stage 2 +FMIC v7.1 | VRSF Catless DPs | Hartge ARBs | Quaife LSD | Eibach Springs | 313 Alloys | VRSF 7" Intercooler and Ingen Intake

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #162
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
supremepower's Avatar
United_States
1894
Rep
6,460
Posts


Drives: M2, F80M3, Raptor, GT2RS, 356b
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fullerton, CA So.Cal.

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
Taken mine back off (at great expense) the issue on mine was the whole spring was turning on the lower perch. Any ideas what it might be? I'm going to be putting in some B8 dampers in a few months. Don't know whether to try again with these perches or just get a set of Eibach Sportline to replace my Eibach pros
PM'd....want to see how we can assist
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #163
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2406
Rep
6,247
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
I did read through the thread, just a bit confused about the extra washer thing, where it goes in relation to he existing washer.
Next to the existing washer!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #164
Theador
Lieutenant
69
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 M Sport 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Henley on Thames

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Next to the existing washer!
Thank-you, very helpful.

I didn't install them myself so I'm relaying info back to the guys who did, and as such I'm working totally blind, having never taken the suspension off an e91.

Above existing? Below existing? As it seems imperative to get the exisitng washer in the right way up, It sounds like it's equally important to get any other washers installed on the correct side of the existing one. I have no idea what the existing washer looks like. What's the order of components? anybody have a diagram?
__________________
e91 335i MSPort 6MT | MHD Stage 2 +FMIC v7.1 | VRSF Catless DPs | Hartge ARBs | Quaife LSD | Eibach Springs | 313 Alloys | VRSF 7" Intercooler and Ingen Intake

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 05:17 PM   #165
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2406
Rep
6,247
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
Thank-you, very helpful.

I didn't install them myself so I'm relaying info back to the guys who did, and as such I'm working totally blind, having never taken the suspension off an e91.

Above existing? Below existing? As it seems imperative to get the exisitng washer in the right way up, It sounds like it's equally important to get any other washers installed on the correct side of the existing one. I have no idea what the existing washer looks like. What's the order of components? anybody have a diagram?
Yes, convex side up, so it will not bind on the mount under flex. Depends on the size of the new washer. If matches the race on the bearing it can go on top. If is wider it will have to go between the existing washer and the perch.
Appreciate 1
Theador68.50

      08-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #166
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
supremepower's Avatar
United_States
1894
Rep
6,460
Posts


Drives: M2, F80M3, Raptor, GT2RS, 356b
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fullerton, CA So.Cal.

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
Thank-you, very helpful.

I didn't install them myself so I'm relaying info back to the guys who did, and as such I'm working totally blind, having never taken the suspension off an e91.

Above existing? Below existing? As it seems imperative to get the exisitng washer in the right way up, It sounds like it's equally important to get any other washers installed on the correct side of the existing one. I have no idea what the existing washer looks like. What's the order of components? anybody have a diagram?
#7 dome washer...the washer flat side MUST sit flat on the spring perch or it will bind and make noise. The domed/curved side must point upward.


Last edited by supremepower; 08-03-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Appreciate 1
Biginboca589.00

      08-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #167
Theador
Lieutenant
69
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 M Sport 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Henley on Thames

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Yes, convex side up, so it will not bind on the mount under flex. Depends on the size of the new washer. If matches the race on the bearing it can go on top. If is wider it will have to go between the existing washer and the perch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
#7 dome washer...the washer flat side MUST sit flat on the spring perch or it will bing and make noise. The domed/curved side must point upward.

OK thanks guys, this is much clearer now. I'm probably going to wait until I get my Bilstien B8 shocks before putting these back in. By the sound of it, I might do well to buy some new top mounts too.
__________________
e91 335i MSPort 6MT | MHD Stage 2 +FMIC v7.1 | VRSF Catless DPs | Hartge ARBs | Quaife LSD | Eibach Springs | 313 Alloys | VRSF 7" Intercooler and Ingen Intake

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #168
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
supremepower's Avatar
United_States
1894
Rep
6,460
Posts


Drives: M2, F80M3, Raptor, GT2RS, 356b
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fullerton, CA So.Cal.

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
OK thanks guys, this is much clearer now. I'm probably going to wait until I get my Bilstien B8 shocks before putting these back in. By the sound of it, I might do well to buy some new top mounts too.
If you need shocks or the new top mounts let me know and I can get you a deal. ANY questions are more than welcome regarding installation.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #169
Theador
Lieutenant
69
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 M Sport 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Henley on Thames

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
If you need shocks or the new top mounts let me know and I can get you a deal. ANY questions are more than welcome regarding installation.
Thanks Man. I'm in the UK so the postage might get a bit whack.

Couple of images here of the marks after taking back out.
Attached Images
  
__________________
e91 335i MSPort 6MT | MHD Stage 2 +FMIC v7.1 | VRSF Catless DPs | Hartge ARBs | Quaife LSD | Eibach Springs | 313 Alloys | VRSF 7" Intercooler and Ingen Intake

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #170
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
supremepower's Avatar
United_States
1894
Rep
6,460
Posts


Drives: M2, F80M3, Raptor, GT2RS, 356b
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fullerton, CA So.Cal.

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
Thanks Man. I'm in the UK so the postage might get a bit whack.

Couple of images here of the marks after taking back out.
The washer under the bearing is most likely missing and causing the top hat to to touch the top mount....can see the wear marks in the photo you posted.
Appreciate 1
FCobra941998.50

      08-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #171
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2406
Rep
6,247
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
Thanks Man. I'm in the UK so the postage might get a bit whack. Couple of images here of the marks after taking back out.
Those match the scuff marks on mine pretty much perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
The washer under the bearing is most likely missing and causing the top hat to to touch the top mount....can see the wear marks in the photo you posted.
Never the product, always the installation.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #172
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
supremepower's Avatar
United_States
1894
Rep
6,460
Posts


Drives: M2, F80M3, Raptor, GT2RS, 356b
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fullerton, CA So.Cal.

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Those match the scuff marks on mine pretty much perfectly.
Never the product, always the installation.
We have seen some product issues in the past many years ago but not with the updated black perches. Install is typically the culprit.

If you have scuff marks too perhaps the rubber in the top hat is worn. How old are they?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #173
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2406
Rep
6,247
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
We have seen some product issues in the past many years ago but not with the updated black perches. Install is typically the culprit.

If you have scuff marks too perhaps the rubber in the top hat is worn. How old are they?
I'll try to keep it cool and short because you obviously didn't bother to read the thread:
-rubber was new, was installed brand new.
-install was correct
-your product was the issue
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 10:46 PM   #174
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
supremepower's Avatar
United_States
1894
Rep
6,460
Posts


Drives: M2, F80M3, Raptor, GT2RS, 356b
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fullerton, CA So.Cal.

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
I'll try to keep it cool and short because you obviously didn't bother to read the thread:
-rubber was new, was installed brand new.
-install was correct
-your product was the issue
You are correct: I did not read the thread, but we dont have issues when we install this product. We would be happy to refund you on the parts it didnt work out on your car. Hopefully you reached out to us for assistance. We dont produce this product, we buy it from Supersport Germany and resell it.
Appreciate 1
FCobra941998.50

      08-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #175
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2406
Rep
6,247
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
You are correct: I did not read the thread, but we dont have issues when we install this product. We would be happy to refund you on the parts it didnt work out on your car. Hopefully you reached out to us for assistance. We dont produce this product, we buy it from Supersport Germany and resell it.
I did reach out, didn't get help, as you did previously, the installed was blamed, I removed the perches and moved on.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #176
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
supremepower's Avatar
United_States
1894
Rep
6,460
Posts


Drives: M2, F80M3, Raptor, GT2RS, 356b
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fullerton, CA So.Cal.

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
I did reach out, didn't get help, as you did previously, the installed was blamed, I removed the perches and moved on.
Sorry about that. Probably didnt reach me, Eric. If I can assist w anything in the future would be happy to make up for the perches and then some!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
drop, lower, lowering perches, springs, supreme power

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST