E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ► ► ► August NURBURGRING Trip - 13th - 16th ◀ ◀ ◀

07-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Cool ► ► ► August NURBURGRING Trip - 13th - 16th ◀ ◀ ◀

Plans are now afoot for yet another 'Ring trip -

Departing Friday, August 13th, coming back Monday 16th August

The timetable for the 'Ring over the summer is a bit fractious unfortunately, and there are a lot of private events going on that have swallowed up a lot of the weekend slots. I really wanted to do this trip later in August, but the schedule has been changing so much that I couldn't plan it for definite. I have had confirmation from the 'Ring administration that it really is open for the public Touristenfahrten this particular weekend, and also the previous weekend (7th & 8th ). However, the weekend of 7th/8th might be too soon for people and the extra week notice would probably be beneficial!

So I've decided for the weekend of the 13th-16th. I will also attempt to do another weekend away in September - however the 'Ring timetable is also fractious then.

And again I'm inviting forum members to join up and come along for what I promise will be an epic weekend of driving and apres-drive shenanigans.

As with the Easter trip, some of us will be taking wives/girlfriends/partners along for the trip too, as some of the girls really want to come along. So don't feel that it's just a boys' weekend away - if you can't get a pass alone, bring the boss too !!

Sooooo.....

• Depart - Friday 13th August, return Monday 16th August
  • 'Ring tickets - these are available on site from the ticket hut. Ticket costs vary, depending on how many you buy... basically, the more the cheaper, up to the €1095 Unlimited Annual Pass.

1 lap = €22
    4 laps = €75
    8 laps = €145
    15 laps = €250
    25 laps = €390
  • Photos - again can be arranged by Jochen@Frozenspeed.com for €75 per car if there's a group of us wanting pics. If you don't want pics, no problem

If you're interested, sign up below either by adding your name to the list or sending me a PM... I'll edit and add to this original post as we go along.

Those coming / serious interest -

Tony (E92Fan) - Booked Eurotunnel & Ibis Hotel
Tim (DerRing) - Booked Ibis Hotel
Matt & Tracy (Raging) - Booked Eurotunnel & Ibis Hotel
Marcel & Sarah (Alpina)

EDIT - The Mercure Hotel in Koblenz, where I normally stay, is completely FULL. So is the Tiergarten

*** BUT, there is an Ibis Hotel in Koblenz which is a LOT cheaper - £210 for the whole weekend (assuming 1 person staying for 3 nights) ***

Name:  T9G_2450R No Reg.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  317.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Matt + 1.

Hotel IBIS - (not yet booked) but I will be shortly. I would also like to go to the hotel where there are most people, I hope it is this one, but if there is a massive swing in popularity I will go with the crowd I guess!

Last time, I struggled to find anyone to have a drink with (although Tony was most generous in his efforts to get me pissed by myself) and having said that, I wonder what he was hoping I would do? Anyway... Never mind. If he had his way with me, I didn't remember it!

Done.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Matt + 1.

Hotel IBIS - (not yet booked) but I will be shortly. I would also like to go to the hotel where there are most people, I hope it is this one, but if there is a massive swing in popularity I will go with the crowd I guess!

Last time, I struggled to find anyone to have a drink with (although Tony was most generous in his efforts to get me pissed by myself) and having said that, I wonder what he was hoping I would do? Anyway... Never mind. If he had his way with me, I didn't remember it!

Done.

Matt

There'll be a few more people this time round!
I think the Ibis will end up being the hotel, as every other one is almost completely booked!

ps... you WISHED I had my way with you...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
I'm in, with the boss.

Not yet clear what day we'll be there, as we only come back from France on Friday 13th, so we'll be tired after the long drive and probably need some time before starting again.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      07-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
I'm in, with the boss.

Not yet clear what day we'll be there, as we only come back from France on Friday 13th, so we'll be tired after the long drive and probably need some time before starting again.

Alpina_B3_Lux

Just go straight to Germany from France! It's only an hour and a half further to drive....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
There'll be a few more people this time round!
I think the Ibis will end up being the hotel, as every other one is almost completely booked!

ps... you WISHED I had my way with you...
You must be crazy. Earlier on, I was walking past this white Ferrari California and I just happened to catch myself in the reflection of the door glass. I thought 'shit, I'm looking good' and then I carried on.

That sort of thing happens every day.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
You must be crazy. Earlier on, I was walking past this white Ferrari California and I just happened to catch myself in the reflection of the door glass. I thought 'shit, I'm looking good' and then I carried on.

That sort of thing happens every day.

Matt
I say no to drugs.

Then I don't get that kind of hallucinations.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      07-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
I say no to drugs.

Then I don't get that kind of hallucinations.

Alpina_B3_Lux
True, but you did sound a bit like Borat in that post

I will forgive you though!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Just noted that we are going out on FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!!!! Is that a good omen!!??
      07-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Just noted that we are going out on FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!!!! Is that a good omen!!??

Er, not normally Steve!

Wish I could make it. Have a good 'un.
      07-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

I cannot wait for this...I can't believe I'm going out there again so soon!

I can't leave until early Friday afternoon as it's my birthday and Vicki has got me a half day Mercedes SLS experience at MB World ...we'll be going straight over to Dover after I've done that!

See you all in the luxurious IBIS on Friday night!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
I cannot wait for this...I can't believe I'm going out there again so soon!
Cant wait for a passenger lap in the Merc Beast!!!

I still need to book tunnel and hotel - hoping Louisa will be coming out with me so we can make a nice weekend of it again.

Do we have any final numbers for this trip yet??
      08-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #13
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Cant wait for a passenger lap in the Merc Beast!!!

I still need to book tunnel and hotel - hoping Louisa will be coming out with me so we can make a nice weekend of it again.

Do we have any final numbers for this trip yet??
You best go with someone who can drive then!

You've NOT booked yet? The Ibis is already FULL - you've missed out on that quality establishment

Try the local prison...you'll not notice the difference
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #14
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I wasnt sure whether i was going as a passenger in Tonys wagon or driving my own car as i hadnt decided to take RS til literally a few days ago. I checked about 20 possible hotels last night and they are all full - no surprise!! So i may not be coming now at this rate. Other option is for Louisa and i to stay further out like we did last time - but again, i cant confirm if she is 100% coming yet as we need to check if we can leave Molly with the grandparents. If Louisa doesnt come then i dont want to stay miles and miles away from everyone else on me jack jones - so if thats the case i will give this trip a miss. We shall see.
      08-03-2010, 03:02 AM   #15
Rob55
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M Sport

For anyone interested, I have a Ring Card for sale which is loaded with 3 laps. I didn't get to use them due to poor weather. See thread here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415093
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 03:07 AM   #16
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I have PM'd you
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 04:27 AM   #17
msport
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Everywhere

Garage List
Anyone looking for a co pilot / camera man ? only 20 mins from euro tunnel and happy to pay my way.......

simon