Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 19" CCW Classic Reps

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335i

Exclamation 19" CCW Classic Reps

Varrstoen has announced that they are coming out with a ccw rep in both 18" and 19". The widths/offsets I assume will be pretty aggressive like their other rims. I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks about the 19" version considering ccw doesn't even make them that large

01-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
jonnylin1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW e92 335i | 2012 m3

wtf of course now it's out. i always wanted them in 19s lol.

GET THEM!

Never low enough.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Oh boy to bad
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
cant wait to see these installed on someones car
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
DriftDreamzSS
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Fake multi piece wheels are the worst
      01-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Oh boy to bad
Orange you glad you sold yours before these came out? (do you see what I did there bro )
      01-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
bmwaddict
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 335is E92

i have a question... ccw or any wheels/rims manufacture dont have patent for their wheels? i mean this is crazy
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Tarty Fruit
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

haters gonna hate

Guess some of you guys feel all cool spending $5k on your wheels. Maybe when you guys grow up you will realize what a dumb financial decision that was. Varrstoen makes solid wheels if I had not gotten the LM style from them I would be all over these. I am very upset .
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

lolz

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDreamzSS View Post
Yes they are...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarty Fruit View Post
haters gonna hate

Guess some of you guys feel all cool spending $5k on your wheels. Maybe when you guys grow up you will realize what a dumb financial decision that was. Varrstoen makes solid wheels if I had not gotten the LM style from them I would be all over these. I am very upset .
I can see both sides of the rep vs legit wheel arguments, and definitely spending 5k on wheels isn't in my budget, but then again having a rep wheel crack on me and putting me into a guardrail on the highway doesn't work for me either.

Not to say all reps are weak and poor quality. Id probably consider these, depending on the finishes they offer.
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
wholeymoley
mac&cheese!
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS15 View Post
I can see both sides of the rep vs legit wheel arguments, and definitely spending 5k on wheels isn't in my budget, but then again having a rep wheel crack on me and putting me into a guardrail on the highway doesn't work for me either.

Not to say all reps are weak and poor quality. Id probably consider these, depending on the finishes they offer.

You're right about the quality of reps as I've seen a few too many threads on them putting people in danger.

Quote:
haters gonna hate

Hater's gonna hate? Maybe when YOU'RE grown up, you'll realize a car is the worst investment for the most part. But what's worst then dumping +5k on authentic wheels(if you can comfortably afford them) is spending $xxx.xx on FAKE REPS just so you could look like a baller.

reps = ultimate fail

/rant
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
haters gonna hate

Then wasn't it a dumb decision to buy a high end, high maintenance car?
      01-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeymoley View Post
You're right about the quality of reps as I've seen a few too many threads on them putting people in danger.

Hater's gonna hate? Maybe when YOU'RE grown up, you'll realize a car is the worst investment for the most part. But what's worst then dumping +5k on authentic wheels(if you can comfortably afford them) is spending $xxx.xx on FAKE REPS just so you could look like a baller.

reps = ultimate fail

/rant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDreamzSS View Post
It is true that there have been many threads I have seen that someones reps bent, cracked, warped, etc. There have been people who have suffered damage to their vehicles because of this. I have had reps before and can say their not as bad as you guys make it seem. The majority of people on this forum i would say do have reps and are very happy with them. Reps allow those who are not fortunate enough to be able to blow 5k rims the same design as those who are fortunate enough. Without a debt I would say the majority of bend/cracks/etc. come from the drivers mistake. Whether it was hitting a pothole on the streets or hitting the curb parking these kinds of things do effect the rim and can have serious effects on them. Rarely do you hear that a perfectly good rep just decides to crack and send you into a guardrail. For those that it has happened, that really sucks and should definitely consider looking for a better quality rep. From my searches Varrstoens are very good for for a set of reps. They come in great widths and offsets for any kind of driver. We all know you cant beat the real thing, but we should all try to embrace reps because they cater to many members needs/wants to keep up with those that are fortunate enough to have the real things. At the end of the day we all have the same goal, which is to improve our cars looks/performance
      01-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #15
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeymoley View Post
Reps are fine. People act like they will turn to dust when you run over a pebble. No one is going to post up threads saying "I hit a bump and my reps didn't crack!".

Obviously there are going to be a huge disproportionate amount of stories about failed reps vs ones without issues. And even then it's only a handful of stories I've read. People repost the same pictures of broken reps over and over.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Based off of reviews from people who've actually owned Varrstoen products -- they seem to be a fairly reputable rep company but in the end, I don't know how I feel about 2-piece reps.
      01-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
SoCal BimMn'
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: LCI AW F80 ///M3

I'd go ahead and show this to FLOSS lol. Yeah I've had reps and quality on some are decent but nothing compares to the real deals. Most cost what they do because of the better quality material they put into making the wheel. Yes not everybody has the budget nor want to pay the premium on a nice set of wheels but in my opinion if you want to play you gotta pay. You get what you pay for in the end and I can guarantee reps compared to the real thing especially in the case of CCWs you'll see the difference between the two quite fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #18
taylors335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 08 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [7.00]
fuck it im broke and love the look of those ,,,,..... ide try em out !!!! then again i only drive my car on the weekends !
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
Thanhstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

You can spend around 2k on a used set of HREs/Enkei/BBS. Its common sense to get the real deal.. You have a nice car.. But to each his own good luck with "improving performance"
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal BimMn' View Post
I'd go ahead and show this to FLOSS lol.
LOL
      01-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #21
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanhstar View Post
You can spend around 2k on a used set of HREs/Enkei/BBS. Its common sense to get the real deal.. You have a nice car.. But to each his own good luck with "improving performance"
I never said I was getting them, I just wanted to see what people thought about them. My point was just that you can't blame people for wanting/having reps they're just more practical for most. Personally I have BBS in mind
      01-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #22
Francis M.
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 3 series sedan

Garage List
2010 e90  [0.00]
2010 e90  [0.00]
What? CCWs are nice but they're not that expensive for the real set....
MODS-ST c/o- full Mtech conversion-ltbmw carbon lip/ OEM trunk lip/ performance diffuser/gloss vinyl roof/ lux8 angels/ euro air box/performance exhaust/ CCW classics/performance shifter and hand brake
performance bbk/
active xenon lights
Appreciate 0