E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2011 335i Sedan / Alpine White on Black

06-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
jrotax101
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328iT M-Sport 6MT

2011 335i Sedan / Alpine White on Black

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2011 335i Sedan
80,500 miles
Alpine White / Black Leather Interior
Sport Package
N55 (new) engine -10k miles
6AT
WBAPM5C54BE576717

Price: $12950

Please excuse my first post here. I was a long-time lurker, while my wife owned this car, for reading and DIY purposes. I have active accounts on bfc and m3f for my other cars (e36 and e46 M3s) where you can see my post and marketplace history.

This car was purchased from United BMW in Atlanta, GA as CPO around ~40,000 miles. My wife drove this car daily until January when she became a full time mother. It saw 40-50 highway miles a day. I’ve been driving the car since relocating to Orlando in April, but it’s time to go as we have 3 others, and upgraded her car to more comfortably house the newborn.

The car runs well with no issues. I’ve kept up on maintenance as required. Most recently I replaced both front thrust arm bushings as one was starting to show signs of leaking.

All records can be found for warranty work at the dealership.
One key differentiator is this car had the full engine replaced with a brand new engine by BMW at 69000 miles. All the associated paperwork is available for the buyer showing a $16,000 cost to the dealership. This replaced the HPFP and water pump, which are key items that need to be replaced on higher mileage cars. The car also has a new radiator. So, the buyer gets a car with 80,000 miles without the headaches of an 80,000 mile engine. I followed a conservative break in procedure and had the oil checked by Blackstone with no issues. I can provide this report and even perform a short-interval oil change with a follow-up report if the buyer requires.

The car has never been modified other than replacement kidney grills which my wife put in (black, instead of OE chrome).

Exterior:
Some rock chips on the front bumper
One touch up on the passenger door performed before we bought the car
Headlights have a light haze from the direct sun living in the south. Please see photos
No accidents
The CF rear spoiler has some failing clearcoat. No paint issues on the rest of the car.

Interior:
Only flaw is the vinyl covering on the steering wheel by the volume buttons which has a few chips/peeling pieces. Please see photos
No problems with any leather, door panels, headliner etc. All looks great.

I replaced the rear tires with new Continental Sports (aka DW) at 79,700 miles. The front tires have ~50% left and were the stamped Conti DWs
This is a great car for someone looking for a reliably fast, fun, turbo BMW. There’s lots of potential for anybody looking to modify these cars but they are great fun in factory form as we have experienced the last few years.

I recently drove this down from Atlanta, GA and got 32mpg, and average around 25 combined with city driving history.

$12950

I am pricing this competitively. While the chassis does have 80k, the new engine is a big incentive for someone wanting to get into a N55 powered chassis for cheap without having to deal with 80k mile engine ancillary issues that you see people talking about here on the forums.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Robert

Please find my flickr gallery for photos
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnf7jHw

I created an inbox for questions if PM is not preferred.
2011.335i.sport@gmail.com

Last edited by jrotax101; 06-27-2018 at 07:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
jrotax101
Registered
Rep

Carfax attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
krypt0
Your Text Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, B9S4

Any details as to why the motor was replaced? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 06:45 AM   #4
jrotax101
Registered
Rep

krypt0 - sent you a PM with details.

Cliffnotes for the thread:
The original engine had a ticking noise coming from the top end somewhere, very randomly on warm starts only after the car had sat for around an hour. I kept pushing the bmw dealer to figure it out. They threw tons of parts at it and then finally gave in and BMWNA stepped up and got a new engine for it. It ran like a champ with the old engine, but we'd planned on keeping the car for a few more years (before we had a baby) and I didn't want to chance anything happening.

So, we got a brand new engine with all the goodies for free.
Appreciate 0