E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Vindis Volkswagen in Cambs....Just blowing off steam

04-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
spesrf25
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5d X-Line

Vindis Volkswagen in Cambs....Just blowing off steam

Here's the story....A few months ago, someone did some damage to my wife's VW Jetta (US Spec and Automatic). We just got it fixed a week ago while she was out of town for the term break (she is a school teacher). They serviced and repaired the car.

When I went to pick it up, I took the service advisor outside with me to inspect it before I left. THERE WAS A LONG TRAIL OF SCRATCHED PAINT FROM MY WIFE'S CAR AND ANOTHER CAR on the rear bumber. I was thinking to myself, "this is not good." I took a closer look at it, and most of it wiped off. There were only minor scratches that could be buffed out.

They told me they would take care of it, but the guy who does that kind of body work had left for the day, and I would have to schedule to bring the car back in. I asked what their body shop hours were and he replied "10-4 monday through friday." What kind of hours are those?????? I wish I had those kind of hours. I said ok, can you provide a loaner for my wife, which has to be automatic, BTW (i know....americans). He told me that they do not have one single automatic loaner in the entire Vindis Auto Group. I asked, "what do you do if someone is handicapped?" They just give them a ride home.

I can't figure out how to get the car to the dealer and get my wife to work on the same day. We both have jobs....i work from 7-5, and she works from 8-4. They don't seem to be bothered by the fact they did this.

This place has poor hours, attitudes, and has no desire for customer satisfaction....I told them that I could take the car somewhere else that has weekend hours, and they could pay for it, but they refused that as well.....I don't know what to do. Any suggestions???

BMW X5d (Ordered)
2007 335i Coupe (sold)

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Raggie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 325I M Sport

why don't you tell them to come and collect it..

a number of places i use for will collect & return the car from work or home for no charge..

worth a try..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #3
spesrf25
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggie View Post
why don't you tell them to come and collect it..

a number of places i use for will collect & return the car from work or home for no charge..

worth a try..
I guess I could give that a try, but they would have to collect it from her place of work, which is in Peterborough, and they are in Cambridge. I might give that a shot.....good suggestion. I'm suprised they didn't offer.

BMW X5d (Ordered)
2007 335i Coupe (sold)

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
skansa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Datsun Sunny

is only when its reasonalbly local, coz the driver arrives on one of those foldaway motorbikes if u can call them that, which then goes in the boot!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spesrf25 View Post
I can't figure out how to get the car to the dealer and get my wife to work on the same day. We both have jobs....i work from 7-5, and she works from 8-4. They don't seem to be bothered by the fact they did this.
They damaged your wifes car and as far as I am concerned they have an absolute obligation to put that damage right without any inconvenience to you.

Option 1 - is just to make a claim via your insurers. Unfortunately their insurers would be able to wriggle out of liability (they would argue that it could have happened in their car park and they are not liable) so you'll ened up losing your no-claims bonus.

Option 2 - let them fix it - only sensible way to go really, but you need to recognise they they don't HAVE to do this.

OK - so they put you in this position and you need an auto replacement either:

1. They have to hire you an auto car

2. They have to collect and return the vehicle

They'll probably need it overnight so the best bet is to suggest that they get on to the hire company and hire you an auto. It's going to cost them £50 or so - but (and I would remind them of this) it is THEIR FAULT.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #6
Raggie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 325I M Sport

^^^ we must be well lucky then.. 'cos normally i get two guys in a car one pics mine up .. the other has driven him here..

same on the return...

??
Appreciate 0