E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Big electrical problem : almost nothing works after disconnect JBE

05-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
qtnhrl
Rep
Drives: BMW 325d E90 LCI

Big electrical problem : almost nothing works after disconnect JBE

Hello,

First of all : I'm French so be indulgent about my English speaking

Since a few weeks, I have a big electrical problem on my 2010 LCI 325d.
All has begin when I have checked fusebox (for another DSC problem) and disconnect and reconnect the JBE by error.

When I've then put my key into the lock, NOTHING HAS WORKED ANYMORE.
But central locking, interior lights and warning lights still working.

I have done a diagnosis on ISTA D, and JBE, CAS, FRM,KOMBI, DDE and EPS modules are fine.
The other modules are not powered, so ISTA can't read them. Only modules that must be powered when I open the car work, but not those on lines 30g and 15 (that must be powered when I put the key and start the car).

I have checked the battery, IBS, alimentation cable, all fuses, the 30g relay... all seems good. But the relay is not powered. I've checked connections between the CAS and JBE and it seems good.

I have try to directly connect the 30g relay and done a diagnosis, and on ISTA the modules are powered but nothing works... I have also try to change the JBE and the lock box (where I put the key), and it doesn't work.

So I'm very confused, I don't understand what it happens...

Someone said me keys could be deprogrammed, but I can open the car with them, so is it possible ?

It seems the car is on safety mode, or energy saving mode, I don't know... Is it possible that some modules are deprogrammed and cannot communicate between them ?

Thank you for your help, I don't want to send my car to BMW dealership
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 01:20 AM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtnhrl View Post
... I have checked fusebox (for another DSC problem) and disconnect and reconnect the JBE by error... NOTHING HAS WORKED ANYMORE But central locking, interior lights and warning lights still working. I have done a diagnosis on ISTA D, and JBE, CAS, FRM,KOMBI, DDE and EPS modules are fine. The other modules are not powered, so ISTA can't read them. Only modules that must be powered when I open the car work, but not those on lines 30g and 15 (that must be powered when I put the key and start the car). [Have you used INPA/ISTA to determine that CAS Module is NOT powering-up or Activating KL30G & KL15 when you Press Start WITHOUT pressing Brake/Clutch Pedal (Just turn on Ignition/ KL15)? See TIS CAS circuit linked below]...
Bonjour!

From your information provided thus far, it sounds like the CAS Module is unlocking the car. Does the Radio (Terminal R/ KLR) power up and play when you put the remote key in Insert Compartment? It sounds like CAS is NOT activating KL30G & KL15 when you turn Ignition ON.

INPA will SHOW you the Status of the Relays/ Terminals/ Klemmen, particularly KL 30G and KL 15 (Ignition), BOTH of which SHOULD be activated when the Ignition is ON (Remote Key in Insert Compartment & START button Pressed on my 328xi, WITHOUT pressing Brake/Clutch). I attach a ScreenPrint of "INPA > CAS > F5 Status > F2 Analog Menu > F1 Diagnose Terminals/ Klemmen.

In the Left Column, the 4th bar graph from top shows "Spannung KL30G"/ Terminal 30G Voltage = 12.34V. The 6th bar graph from top shows "Spannung KL15-1 & KL15-2"/ Terminal 15 Voltage = 12.34V. That INPA Screen was displayed with Ignition ON, Engine OFF.

I'm NOT familiar with the 325d, so am simply relying on newTIS circuits linked below. First, the CAS circuit shows how it activates BOTH the KL30G relay (IO1068), and the KL15 Relay (IO1069) by (1) providing Power via the Red wire from Pin #1 of Connector X13376 at the CAS Module, to Pin #2 of Connector X11010 at the JB to activate KL30G, and by (2) providing Power via the Green wire from Pin #8/ X13376 to Pin #6/ X11010 to Activate KL15 (IO1069). The Installation Location of X11010 at upper-left of JB, and Connector View of X11010 are also linked below:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...system/uXuCNh9
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e90-325d-lim/RKy9OeU
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...d-lim/CTJCkOXS

So I would Start by checking BOTH fuses powering the CAS Module, F36 & F55, and then checking to make sure that Connector X11010 is intact.

If the issue began when you were working in the JB area, and you did NOT do anything at the CAS Module, then we are basically trying to (1) confirm that the Terminal 30G and Terminal 15 relays are NOT being activated, and (2) Determine what is NOT properly reconnected, or what fuse has blown, to prevent CAS activation of the two relays. Here is a rather complex circuit diagram of the entire JB (Junction Box), showing the two relays, IO1068 & IO1069, and each fuse powered by each of those two Terminals (KL30G & KL15):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...box/1VnXpW4emV

If you can't get INPA or ISTA to show Terminal Status, you can always just pull fuses supplied by each terminal & confirm NO power (12V+) at fuse socket.

The TIS wiring diagrams are "Interactive", and you can click on a BLUE component number such as X11010, and see MORE information about that component such as Installation Location or Connector View. If the wiring diagrams above are NOT correct for YOUR vehicle, please provide last 7 characters of your VIN, or go to this site and enter those characters in the Search Box, to get SPECIFIC information for YOUR car.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

You can even choose to read en français ou en allemand. Please let us know what you find.

George
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50
      05-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
qtnhrl
Rep
Drives: BMW 325d E90 LCI

Hi George,

First of all thank you for your reply and your precise instructions !
I had seen these diagrams on ISTA but it's pretty more practise to have their on TIS

I have checked voltages on INPA today, and they were 0.
So I have checked once again the connector from CAS and the fuses on JBE.
And I have remarked that I had no fuse 36...

In fact, when I had check the fusebox a few weeks ago, I have took a picture of these one to remember all positions of fuses. But I had to exchange this fuse before taken the picture... So stupid

So now all works again

Thank you very much to have permits me to find my error !
Appreciate 0