E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e90 LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon conversion.

05-25-2020, 11:48 PM   #1
Bmwner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i

e90 LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon conversion.

Hey guys, I am trying to find some help in this process. I own a 2011 LCI with Halogen headlights. I just bought a set of LCI AHL xenon headlights that i want to install ,n my vehicle.

1) I do not want the AHL/cornering feature , so if I don't install sensors and run new wires to the FRM needed for these features , will these headlights still work ?

2) I connected one of the xenon and "it worked" , let me give you more details.

*Inner bulb (H3) works as high beam and flash to pass.
*Angel eye works well with no problem.
* 3 small orange LEDs did not work at all
* Turn signal/hazzard LEDs work
*Low beam (DS1 bulb) did not work at all (i have read i need to add ground to pin 4 ), obviously i could not test the shutter. I have read that you can add pin4 and attach the wire (ground) to the chasis, is this ok?, IMO it is the easiest way to do it.

I've spent hours trying to find more info about this procedure, but most of the info is related to Pre-LCI to LCI and the wiring -pins apparently are not the same. I have no idea the Part No for the Pin-wire that need to be added.

I wonder if any of you have done this LCI halogen to LCI Xenon conversion and could give me a hand. I am not a pro, but i have installed aft radio, reverse camera, aftermarket subwoofer .... that means I am always willing to learn. TIA !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0