E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone had 16 inch wheels and swapped to 17 " / 18 " ?

12-22-2006, 05:06 AM   #23
isleaiw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE, silver with black lea

Know Renishaw pretty well too - I'm a Bolsover lad and used to work in Sheffield so through Renishaw every day. Also frequented the Sitwell arms for a while!

Wheels do look too small and really should be 18" ellipsoid or M sport wheels but when the budget is gone, that's it! Could have had a 320d Msport with 18s but just wanted the 6 cylinder engine and had to compromise everything else! If 325d had been around I may have been able to get both - c'est la vie!

How was Stratstone experience - was a great garage when it was Bridgegate but not heard such good stories since. Mine also came from Stratstone - in Taplow (Maidenhead?). It will prob go to Almondbury in Huddersfield for servicing as that is where I work!

I'd go for 18s by the way - look just right on E90. On E46 I thought they looked a bit "OTT" (had an E46 320d Sport Touring before).

Ian
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #24
nomis
Private
Rep
Drives: 123d M-Sport

Stratstone Chesterfield was ok and no more than that.

The saleman was friendly enough but I was annoyed that they always try to shaft you on the value of the part exchange. I know I' m digressing away from the original thread but why can't car dealers offer a reasonable P/X price in the first instance without having to resort to underhand tactics ? Really annoys me:mad:

I think most people in your position would have gone for the bigger engine, me included.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #25
ES-Jet
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i Sport

Those ellipsoid wheels that Viv and Beauforty have are (IMO) gorgeous. I don't believe they would attract the wrong sort of attention, as they are (as NFS says) very classy indeed.

I'd like bigger wheels but as it's a co. car, not much chance of that.

Good luck.
      12-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #26
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES-Jet
Those ellipsoid wheels that Viv and Beauforty have are (IMO) gorgeous. I don't believe they would attract the wrong sort of attention, as they are (as NFS says) very classy indeed.

I'd like bigger wheels but as it's a co. car, not much chance of that.

Good luck.
Thanks for that comment, ES-Jet.
I had a good think about which alloys I wanted, before the M-Sport kit was available- the 162s came out on top for me.

I'm pretty sure the MF beauforty (aka Paul) also thought the same.

I think I can pretty safely say we're both as happy with our wheels today, as we were the day we chose them.

I'm lucky in that I sometimes see another TiAg e90 with 162s coming from the opposite direction, on my way to work- the wheels look even tastier in motion!
I expect the driver of that car thinks the same when he sees my 162s.

BTW- luckily, the only type of attention I get with my 162s is admiration!

All the best.

Viv
Attached Images

Last edited by vivekk; 12-22-2006 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2006, 05:31 AM   #27
nomis
Private
Rep
Drives: 123d M-Sport

Don't get me wrong, I think the 162's are the best alloys for the E90. Its just that there has been a spate of car thefts from our estate and my neighbours '03 330i (E46 ?) has been targetted twice. I know I shouldn't really think about that side of things and just go for what I want but sometimes its not as easy as that....

Anyhow, thanks for all your comments so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2006, 05:03 AM   #28
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I think the 18" wheels are the best. I would have like to have had 19" ideally on the 320si as it would have made them stand out more.

Hope the new E9x M3 has some 20" wheel options as it will look the part with 20" rims.
Appreciate 0