E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car stuttering after wheel swap.

06-21-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
Antonio_Torres
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi e90

Car stuttering after wheel swap.

Hello, new to the forums, but I recently swapped my 19in wheels (previous owner bought them) to the stock 18s. On the 19s I was running very minimum stretch on the tires and the 18s have brand new oem fitment for the tires so no stretching unfortunately no tpms as well. But I noticed after the wheel swap my car seems to stutter or delay when I’m driving in 1st and 2nd gear around 2k rpm. Don’t thing it’s my clutch slipping or anything since it never happens with the 19s but just started to happen with the 18s.

Any clues what can cause that??

Car has dinan s3 package
So tune
Intercooler
Cai
Oil cooler
Recently walnut blasted
And have no lights at all besides my tpms.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #2
blown07
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio_Torres View Post
Hello, new to the forums, but I recently swapped my 19in wheels (previous owner bought them) to the stock 18s. On the 19s I was running very minimum stretch on the tires and the 18s have brand new oem fitment for the tires so no stretching unfortunately no tpms as well. But I noticed after the wheel swap my car seems to stutter or delay when I’m driving in 1st and 2nd gear around 2k rpm. Don’t thing it’s my clutch slipping or anything since it never happens with the 19s but just started to happen with the 18s.

Car has dinan s3 package
So tune
Intercooler
Cai
Oil cooler
Recently walnut blasted
My guess is transfer case. Are the 18" tires you put on new and the same size?

335xi FBO,Meth,JB4,Sutphin flash,VTT stage1 11.38 1/4 - 7.30 1/8th - 3.35 0 to 60 @ 0C
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
williamwilliamwilliam
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i coupe M sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio_Torres View Post
Hello, new to the forums, but I recently swapped my 19in wheels (previous owner bought them) to the stock 18s. On the 19s I was running very minimum stretch on the tires and the 18s have brand new oem fitment for the tires so no stretching unfortunately no tpms as well. But I noticed after the wheel swap my car seems to stutter or delay when I'm driving in 1st and 2nd gear around 2k rpm. Don't thing it's my clutch slipping or anything since it never happens with the 19s but just started to happen with the 18s.

Car has dinan s3 package
So tune
Intercooler
Cai
Oil cooler
Recently walnut blasted
I have this same problem with my car.

Bone stock 2012 e92 M sport with 18" wheels.

It seems to be more noticeable when I accelerate slowly. It's feels like it's bouncing due to a bent wheel, but since it only happens around 2k RPM I don't think a bent wheel is the culprit. It is most noticeable in lower gears, but I think I've felt it in 4th gear on a very smooth highway.

Edit: mine is a 6mt rear wheel drive
Appreciate 0