E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding Retrofit Combox NCSExpert

01-20-2019, 04:10 AM   #1
Cherubdc
England
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i SE E92

Coding Retrofit Combox NCSExpert

Hi there

I am planning on coding my combox today using the guide from this thread here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364741

I am confused about the three profiles in NCSExpert that will be needed to get done what I want to do.

I am using Bimmergeeks standard tools which is all installed and up and running and working. The two profiles in NCSExpert are Manipulation and Factory Coding.

Now I am guessing that Factory Coding is the equivalent to the ExpertMode and the Manipulation is the equivalent to the Manual Profile that is referred to in the above tutorial link.....what I am confused about is the third profile required Manual CVT

From what I can tell from having a look in the profiles that came with bimmergeeks standard tools kit is they both have CVT option checked and I also found a copy of Revtors profile and that too has CVT selected.

Am I missing something?? I must say trying to do this combox retrofit has been a HUGE learning curve for me with countless hours of frustration and cluelessness and I am hoping this is the last bit of the puzzle needed to solve for me to able to crack on with this.

Please somebody help me understand this bit of it.

Waiting in hope that someone more knowledgeable than myself (not difficult! Lol) can help
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 06:45 AM   #2
n2siast
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-SPORT

FWIW - I just used the Factory Coding Profile to change the VO in the CIC and FRM, then factory code the CIC and Media with the same profile.

After that, I used the Manipulation profile to change the parameters within the Trace Files , I didn't touch the Manual CVT profile.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
Cherubdc
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2siast View Post
FWIW - I just used the Factory Coding Profile to change the VO in the CIC and FRM, then factory code the CIC and Media with the same profile.

After that, I used the Manipulation profile to change the parameters within the Trace Files , I didn't touch the Manual CVT profile.
Ok, that's great thank you! I bit the bullet and already started with using the factory coding profile but after I changed the VO and clicked OK I got "General FA Error Coapi-1181: Fehler beim AT-Ablauf allgemein error!"

So back to the drawing board, so to speak, for me to find out what that is! I am extremely new to all of this so that could take some time

I did notice towards the end of the tutorial though, that the Manual CVT seems to only be used when he changes the vin to a russian one to be able to activate connected drive and I may not even go there anyway after today!

Thank you for replying, appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 11:45 PM   #4
Cherubdc
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherubdc View Post
Ok, that's great thank you! I bit the bullet and already started with using the factory coding profile but after I changed the VO and clicked OK I got "General FA Error Coapi-1181: Fehler beim AT-Ablauf allgemein error!"
Just in case anyone gets the same issue I did...it was fixed by updating the daten files
Appreciate 0