E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Sonic Tuning S2 E90 Interior LED Kit

03-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i 6MT

Thumbs up Sonic Tuning S2 E90 Interior LED Kit

After much debate about interior LED kits I decided to go with Sonic Tuning's kit. First off let me say that I took pictures at night of the kit and it does not do it justice at all. I have a point & shoot which does not give me the ability to take worthy pics of this kit in action. (Edit: added night time pics)

With that said I highly recommend this kit. My car was produced in 11/07 which means it happens to be very sensitive when it comes to lighting changes. This kit is ERROR FREE, does not blink what so ever, and even dims like the stock halogen bulbs. I installed the kit in the afternoon and when I first saw it I was kinda disappointed cause it did not seem that bright. However when I got in the car that night... that opinion quickly changed. The kit lights up the car amazingly. The kit has an nice white/blue tint to it which is very bright... almost too bright. The kit was easy to install and I followed the bellow DIY to the tee. YES... you must disconnect the glovebox bulb completely otherwise you will blow a fuse.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273231

The only negative thing about the kit is the map lights. They seem to be just a bit too long and are not angled to line up with lenses in the panels (pics below). But they still give out more light than the stock halogens. Despite that issue I still think this kit is worth the money. Also when I received the kit I had a few questions about which bulbs where supposed to go where and Jose replied quickly and was very helpful.

Link - http://www.sonictuning.com/bmw/e90/b...r-led-kit.html

Map Light issue:

Night time pics - Again... these are crappy pics. The kit looks amazing in person!

Last edited by BoostedE90; 03-10-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Cuba
Cuba
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

i was contemplating ordering this kit for a while now..

do you really see those wires and that big LED pad in the front center light? the one in between the two reading lights?
07 328xi Monaco Blue|Premium|Cold|Navi|CA|LLumar|Mtec|DDM|aFe|Ambe r-Gone|Rear Fogs|Bimmian|PY-Speed|OEM|e92-lighting|V1|BavAuto|Weisslicht|Cyba|Beyern|Falken| Sonic Tuning|ECS Tuning|JL Audio|Rockford Fosgate
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

There is a plastic cover that covers that light. So you won't see the LED panel nor the wires. I just left it off when I took the pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
imageautodetail
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335 silverback

Garage List
2008 335 e90  [0.00]
2007 e90 335  [5.00]
great write up

i installed mine a couple weeks ago and i echo everything you said, i had initially put the wrong bulbs in the door lights, but then figured them all out, easy to install, i didnt even post pix of mine because they do not do them justice, at night when you unlock the car, it looks like a rave fired up inside the cabin of the car. Great kit and great price
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedE90 View Post
After much debate about interior LED kits I decided to go with Sonic Tuning's kit. First off let me say that I took pictures at night of the kit and it does not do it justice at all. I have a point & shoot which does not give me the ability to take worthy pics of this kit in action. (Edit: added night time pics)

With that said I highly recommend this kit. My car was produced in 11/07 which means it happens to be very sensitive when it comes to lighting changes. This kit is ERROR FREE, does not blink what so ever, and even dims like the stock halogen bulbs. I installed the kit in the afternoon and when I first saw it I was kinda disappointed cause it did not seem that bright. However when I got in the car that night... that opinion quickly changed. The kit lights up the car amazingly. The kit has an nice white/blue tint to it which is very bright... almost too bright. The kit was easy to install and I followed the bellow DIY to the tee. YES... you must disconnect the glovebox bulb completely otherwise you will blow a fuse.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273231

The only negative thing about the kit is the map lights. They seem to be just a bit too long and are not angled to line up with lenses in the panels (pics below). But they still give out more light than the stock halogens. Despite that issue I still think this kit is worth the money. Also when I received the kit I had a few questions about which bulbs where supposed to go where and Jose replied quickly and was very helpful.

Link - http://www.sonictuning.com/bmw/e90/b...r-led-kit.html

Map Light issue:

Night time pics - Again... these are crappy pics. The kit looks amazing in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageautodetail View Post
i installed mine a couple weeks ago and i echo everything you said, i had initially put the wrong bulbs in the door lights, but then figured them all out, easy to install, i didnt even post pix of mine because they do not do them justice, at night when you unlock the car, it looks like a rave fired up inside the cabin of the car. Great kit and great price
Thanks guys!

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
landau88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Anyone got this kit with Biege leather interior? Wondering if it would look good on my car, but everyone seems to have dark interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau88 View Post
Anyone got this kit with Biege leather interior? Wondering if it would look good on my car, but everyone seems to have dark interior.

Biege actually come out really nice, since it's lighter color it will reflect more lights.

I will try to get some pictures for you!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
abcde
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 335i M Sport LeMansBlue

What is your issue with the map lights? So they are too long? Does the cover still adequately cover them?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #9
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDDP1273 View Post
What is your issue with the map lights? So they are too long? Does the cover still adequately cover them?
The cover still covers them, the reason we are using that is because it has SMD on all three sides; it gives a nice reflection from the chrome housing.

And since the insert with the housing is angled you need something close to the cover.

We are working on an angled base LED with canbus system right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
bob.g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

ive read about other kits where the map lights wont stay on if the car is running. is that the case with this one?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #11
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.g View Post
ive read about other kits where the map lights wont stay on if the car is running. is that the case with this one?
Been running this kit for almost two weeks now and have had no issue with the map lights staying on or any of the lights for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #12
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

looks pretty nice, i might consider replacing my old interior led lights

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #13
landau88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_sonictuning View Post
Biege actually come out really nice, since it's lighter color it will reflect more lights.

Any luck finding some pics? Would like to get an idea of how they will look before purchasing...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.g View Post
All of the map lights we include in the package have canbus bypass on them, another word it wont turn off while you drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeclueless View Post
looks pretty nice, i might consider replacing my old interior led lights
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau88 View Post
Any luck finding some pics? Would like to get an idea of how they will look before purchasing...
We posted some grey interior shots, beige is going be very similar.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #15
mcrazyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

Garage List
08 E90  [0.00]
Quote:

Here you go. Sorry about the crappy phone pictures.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

nice write up..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrazyrider View Post
Here you go. Sorry about the crappy phone pictures.

Thanks for the pictures buddy!

Looks good.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #18
mcrazyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

Garage List
08 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the pictures buddy!

Looks good.
No problem I'm so happy with every product I got from you, excellent customer service.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #19
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Need your help with some feedback folks, thank you!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519658
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
newbimm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Silver 328xi 6sp

Hey OP, I just installed that same kit. The only problem I had was the driver footwell lights. The housing was not the same as the passenger side's. The housing was actually the same as the door courtesy light's housing. This actually caused a problem because the bulb designated as the footwell lights are too long and it doesn't turn to lock into place. Was wondering if you had the same problem? or I just had a weird housing.

byebye '03 Audi A4 1.8t
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #21
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimm View Post
Hey OP, I just installed that same kit. The only problem I had was the driver footwell lights. The housing was not the same as the passenger side's. The housing was actually the same as the door courtesy light's housing. This actually caused a problem because the bulb designated as the footwell lights are too long and it doesn't turn to lock into place. Was wondering if you had the same problem? or I just had a weird housing.
Can you check if you have two of the same housing for footwell, and two of the same housing for courtesy.

If not we can always switch the LEDs for you.

Give us a call if you have any other questions!
Appreciate 0