E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > One Chirp / Beep Noise when Unlocking Alarm / Anti-theft via Remote / Fob

09-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #1
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
One Chirp / Beep Noise when Unlocking Alarm / Anti-theft via Remote / Fob

Sometimes when I unlock my car, I only get one audible beep from the alarm horn. Anyone else ever experience this? I looked through the manual and, from what I saw, it should always be two beeps when unlocking and one beep when locking. This has happened a few times now. I should also point out that sometimes the noise is a different tone, as well.. always when it's really hot outside - but I have no idea if that is related. Any ideas??

I've had the car at the dealer a few times recently, but they've "never been able to replicate" the different tone.

Thanks!
aM
      09-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
jt335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i Monaco blue

Is the alarm functioning normally as it's supposed to? If so, then what difference does it make if the beeps once or twice or beeps differently or whatever.
Seems like a very minor thing so as long as it's doing it's job, don't worry about it.
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Ha, well we are two very different people, sir. I don't pay $55,000, or $20,000, for a car and then shrug it off when it malfunctions. Then again, I'm a perfectionist. I just want it to function as it's supposed to. Furthermore, ignoring small problems is not good practice in my opinion as that sort of behavior can quickly lead to many small problems that end up being a big one. Finally, even though the manual doesn't mention anything regarding one beep on unlock, I have a nagging feeling that the car is trying to tell me that someone is messing with it (paranoia I suppose lol, but she's by baby after all...).

I'm returning here because the frequency is picking up. Now it's almost once daily that I randomly get only one beep when unlocking and the mystery is driving me cray cray.

Anyone else? This, coupled with the high-pitched beeps at times, makes me feel like the alarm horn is on its way out. It's probably just waiting until the day after my warranty expires to kick the can. This is probably a rare issue so there's a tiny chance I'll get any relevant feedback, but it's worth a try!
      09-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #4
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

It may be a reminder/notification, go in iDrive and check control. Other than that I would check faults at entry points, with more focus on hood and trunk. One of the switches/sensors could be on it's way out.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 1