E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Cranks but won't start

11-07-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
Its.Real.Ez
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i & 2001 BMW 540it

N54 Cranks but won't start

Hey, what's up guys so I'm having an issue with my 07 335i. It all started one morning when I went to go start my car and it sounded like absolute dog shit so I shut it down and hookup up a code reader and I got codes for the crank sensor. So I went ahead and installed a new one and it would start but then shut off a few seconds later. After that, I jumped down the rabbit hole and started replacing everything I could think of based on the codes I was receiving from the DME like the HPFP, LPFP, Vanos solenoids, and the cam sensor and still, nothing worked. Now after a few months of thinking I figured id just try starting over and replacing the crank sensor again just in case I got a bad one and BOOM no more DME codes. Now, whenever I go to start it all it does is crank and won't turn over. I plugged in my code reader and all I get is a CAS code: A0B4 engine start starter operation.

If anyone has any idea what may be going on I would gladly take any advice you may have. Thanks
Appreciate 0