E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > LPFP install fail! No start! Help?

05-16-2020, 03:39 PM   #1
Divbetic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

LPFP install fail! No start! Help?

In the process of trying to upgrade my stage 2 lpfp to a stage 3, I seemed to have bricked my car and I can't get it to start.

Long story short I wasn't able to get the stage 3 bucketless all together in the tank. (it's a PITA) With gas fumes starting to fill the garage I decided to just go back to my stage 2. In the process I noticed that the insulation for the power wire coming from the fuel pump was cracked, however the actual wire underneath looked in tact so I went ahead and installed with no other real issues.

When I tried powering up the car I noticed the car didn't prime like usual. I went to start it and it tried, but nothing. I soon noticed that the radio will turn off shortly after just sitting with the key in, the wipers will also start and cannot be turned off. I put the car on a battery tender but have a feeling it is related to the pump/EKP module/more?

Was able to read codes and had the following:
387C: Power Management Battery, total discharge
3887: Vehicle voltage, working area: Voltage too low.
(Shadow) 2D45: Valvetronic, adjustment range: Limit stop not taught in due to ambient conditions.

I went ahead and unplugged the power going to the lpfp top hat but these issues persist even in accessory mode. I have a stock bucketed pump that I may try but not sure if I have done more damage elsewhere. Pretty much my worst nightmare so any and all recommendations are appreciated.

EDIT: Replaced battery and I was good to go!

Last edited by Divbetic; 05-27-2022 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #2
Divbetic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Haven't been active on the forums but wanted to update this thread in case anyone runs into this down the road. Ended up being a simple dead battery. The car has been back on the road for almost two years since this without any issues!