E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Walnut Blasting offered (somewhat near Colorado springs)

06-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
sp1tfire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Walnut Blasting offered (somewhat near Colorado springs)

Whats good everybody, willing to see if there would be anyone interested in doing walnut blasting.
Im located at 80814 (29 miles west of Co springs or 85 from Centennial).
I was thinking of $299 + $25 for 6 intake manifold and throttle body gaskets, that i always have (i use OEM ECS gaskets).
Will have OEM gaskets as well. 7 days week, whatever we can arrange. Don't really have schedules.
May be open to barter.

What you get?

Performance back. Clean intake valves with walnut shells, some tools and carb cleaner. Clean throttle body and intake manifold. Everything can be inspected before assembly. Engine bay at least cleaner then it was.

I have 90% of any needed tools, as well as ECS Schwaben scan tool that you can use for free for quick read/fix (like battery registration or whatever), as long as you don't need my garage for hours.

My location is little inconvenient, but we will see))
Amenities available: TV, nature, home gym, marvelous mountain views, deers in backyard and multiple trails few miles by.

My experience consists of 7 cars as of right now (as well as mine once). Will add pictures below.
The first 5 forum members $50. I may have some discount afterwards, depending on amount of people wanting to do this.
Im working from home from computer now on and decided if anyone would be interested. (I'm not mechanic by degree, which actually is management and economics )

Will be adding pictures and info to the thread throughout the day.

Here are some pictures of my last job, friends collegue's N54 2009, 112k. Car had leaky OFHG+VCG which we did next day, thus all the dirt. Valves haven't been cleaned for 90k for sure. Lower tighter sections of intake valves were up to 50% clogged with carbon. Casual misfires, which were gone right after. Again the dirtiest there has been in my exp, but again i haven't done 30-50-100 cars, so can't say.

Last job

Clean valves, job in progress

Dirty

Will add few more good/ remove some bad pictures later. gotta go.

Last edited by sp1tfire; 06-05-2016 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
mattoak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

What do you mean the first 5 forum members $50? Like each?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #3
breezy25
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1tfire View Post
Whats good everybody, willing to see if there would be anyone interested in doing walnut blasting.
Im located at 80814 (29 miles west of Co springs or 85 from Centennial).
I was thinking of $299 + $25 for 6 intake manifold and throttle body gaskets, that i always have (i use OEM ECS gaskets).
Will have OEM gaskets as well. 7 days week, whatever we can arrange. Don't really have schedules.
May be open to barter.

What you get?

Performance back. Clean intake valves with walnut shells, some tools and carb cleaner. Clean throttle body and intake manifold. Everything can be inspected before assembly. Engine bay at least cleaner then it was.

I have 90% of any needed tools, as well as ECS Schwaben scan tool that you can use for free for quick read/fix (like battery registration or whatever), as long as you don't need my garage for hours.

My location is little inconvenient, but we will see))
Amenities available: TV, nature, home gym, marvelous mountain views, deers in backyard and multiple trails few miles by.

My experience consists of 7 cars as of right now (as well as mine once). Will add pictures below.
The first 5 forum members $50. I may have some discount afterwards, depending on amount of people wanting to do this.
Im working from home from computer now on and decided if anyone would be interested. (I'm not mechanic by degree, which actually is management and economics )

Will be adding pictures and info to the thread throughout the day.

Here are some pictures of my last job, friends collegue's N54 2009, 112k. Car had leaky OFHG+VCG which we did next day, thus all the dirt. Valves haven't been cleaned for 90k for sure. Lower tighter sections of intake valves were up to 50% clogged with carbon. Casual misfires, which were gone right after. Again the dirtiest there has been in my exp, but again i haven't done 30-50-100 cars, so can't say.

Last job

Clean valves, job in progress

Dirty

Will add few more good/ remove some bad pictures later. gotta go.
How long has the job been typically taking you on our n54's? And will you accept PayPal payment? It's nice to have printed receipts!

EDIT: have your customers had good results/any further issues?

'07 e90 335xi
| Pro-tuned Cobb AP | VRSF Catless DPs | Dinan rebuilt turbos | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch & SM Flywheel | UUC Evo 3 SSK | M3 Conversion Bumper | CF M3 V-style Lip | 19" bespoke Rotorary Forged AG M621s | H&R Street Performance Coils |GT Haus Meisterschaft Exhaust |

Last edited by breezy25; 09-14-2016 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: additions
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy25
How long has the job been typically taking you on our n54's? And will you accept PayPal payment? It's nice to have printed receipts!

EDIT: have your customers had good results/any further issues?
Done properly and completely, about 3-4 hours. The pics above look far from finished in my experience. The walnut shells turn the carbon a grey-ish/beige color that makes the buildup look like the head casting. The images above that are "complete" still need work. At the $50 rate he's charging I would say go for it, but it's poor quality work. That being said I would rather pay a higher amount to make sure I got quality work that wouldn't cause more issues. This is in regards to every walk of life though, and that's just me. My experience is when you buy for price, you'll pay twice.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
breezy25
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Done properly and completely, about 3-4 hours. The pics above look far from finished in my experience. The walnut shells turn the carbon a grey-ish/beige color that makes the buildup look like the head casting. The images above that are "complete" still need work. At the $50 rate he's charging I would say go for it, but it's poor quality work. That being said I would rather pay a higher amount to make sure I got quality work that wouldn't cause more issues. This is in regards to every walk of life though, and that's just me. My experience is when you buy for price, you'll pay twice.
Think I should just mob over to 3zero3? I typically go to them for just about everything.

Oh and I remember us chatting about pro-tunes in town a while back and just wanted to let you know that I got one from a guy in Minneapolis and couldn't be happier. Car rips linearly so well now. So much happier.

'07 e90 335xi
| Pro-tuned Cobb AP | VRSF Catless DPs | Dinan rebuilt turbos | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch & SM Flywheel | UUC Evo 3 SSK | M3 Conversion Bumper | CF M3 V-style Lip | 19" bespoke Rotorary Forged AG M621s | H&R Street Performance Coils |GT Haus Meisterschaft Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Think I should just mob over to 3zero3? I typically go to them for just about everything.

Oh and I remember us chatting about pro-tunes in town a while back and just wanted to let you know that I got one from a guy in Minneapolis and couldn't be happier. Car rips linearly so well now. So much happier.
I can't recommend 3ZERO3, but about the tune-
Appreciate 0