E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Service engine soon light comes on and off

12-10-2019, 03:37 AM   #1
BenManis
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Service engine soon light comes on and off

Hey everyone 328i e90. My service engine soon light has been coming on and off every maybe 100 miles? Done it twice already. Anyone have any ideas why it could be ? I did use my bimmerlink app and do have some codes that came up just not able to fully diagnosis the codes. I do believe one of them is due to o2 sensor . Just wondering if anyone has some advise on why it would come on and off lol
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Depending on what trouble code is causing the indictor to illuminate, the SES light will turn on and then turn off if the detected malfunction is not currently present. Some oxygen sensor disorders will exhibit what you have reported. Fist step is to read the code and try to determine the cause for it. No one here can help you unless you post the codes

It might be helpful if you take some time to understand how the OBD2 system works. There are plenty of sources on the web to consult. The OBD2 system performs periodic self diagnosis of the various systems that control the cylinder combustion process and resultant emissions, and it also tracks immediate failure of components that effect emissions.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:53 PM   #3
BenManis
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Depending on what trouble code is causing the indictor to illuminate, the SES light will turn on and then turn off if the detected malfunction is not currently present. Some oxygen sensor disorders will exhibit what you have reported. Fist step is to read the code and try to determine the cause for it. No one here can help you unless you post the codes

It might be helpful if you take some time to understand how the OBD2 system works. There are plenty of sources on the web to consult. The OBD2 system performs periodic self diagnosis of the various systems that control the cylinder combustion process and resultant emissions, and it also tracks immediate failure of components that effect emissions.
Car drives perfectly fine . I have the codes here how ever legit they are from using bimmerlink..

2F83: 0X2F83 MOTOR STOP TIME, TIME COUNTER COMBI TIME COUNTER DME, COMPARISON

2C32: 0X2C32 LAMBDA PROBE BEFORE CATALYST 2, TRIM CONTROL 2A00:

0X2A00 SECONDARY AIR SYSTEM

Combox Emergency Call

AA0E: SOFTWARE RESET

Controller

E2C7: BUS COMMUNICATION ERROR CAN
Appreciate 0