E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > FCP Euro Oil Change

08-20-2021, 11:35 PM   #67
e91Worx
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e91 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Yes, appeared to be Bosch from packaging and logo, etc.

1) I weighed them to the nearest gram. They were 25 grams lighter than stock Bosch that came installed from factory. I am original owner so I know my originals were legit.

2) The packaging had serial numbers which I did check on the Bosch website, and they could not verify they were original.

3) They had an odd smell, almost like they were burned.

4) The packaging just seemed off. Like used somehow.

5) I had misfire codes on every cylinder in under 10 miles. I am tuned, so I’m guessing these coils might work ok on a completely stock engine. Tuning software reads codes (MHD).

Eldor coils COMPLETELY solved my issue, not a single misfire since. Spark plugs seem to be fine. Eldor coils also from FCP and weigh more than even the stock Bosch genuine coils. Better part.

I’m guessing FCP didn't realize these coils were fake. Their supplier perhaps sold them as real and they were intricate fakes. But I have no doubt they were fake.
do i understand correctly; you measured the BMW OEM coils against BOSCH (NON BMW) coils and they were different.....did you weigh the Eldor? what was their weight?

plus the assumption by everybody that FCP puts return parts back on the shelf sounds odd. If a customer returned them. i'm sure fcp would get a refund from the manufacture and toss the parts. why recycle, it just adds more cost when its returned the 2nd time. Just like amazon or other retailers, notify mfg, get refund, toss part. even the mfg doesnt want it back
Appreciate 0