E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2009 328i Logic 7 Amplifier issues

07-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
Fugate.USMC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i

2009 328i Logic 7 Amplifier issues

I've been experiencing a whole bunch of issues that all lead back to a potential faulty Logic 7 amplifier. I have been dealing with this and setting it too the side for far too long and finally decided it's time to reach out for advice in order to take action on this and to also see if anyone else has experienced this before because based on my trips to several different BMW shops near me, no one claims to have ever came across this..

Moving on to the strange things that have been occurring; for starters, my speakers will pop every few seconds but it's not just a specific speaker, it's all of them randomly popping. When I go to turn up the volume on my radio, it works only half the time. Sometimes there will be no sound at all, while other times the sound will come on at a ridiculously high volume. And the most odd thing of them all is every once in a while (most of the time once a day) there will be an incredibly loud buzzing sound that is borderline bearable and it lasts roughly 5 minutes every time and then goes off. Has anyone ran into this issue before? I'm assuming that it is a faulty amp, but am just seeing if there is any alternatives to fixing this issue before I go and pay a pretty penny on a new amplifier. I also considered purchasing a used L7 amp on ebay or something but kind of skeptical. Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 01:39 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Call this guy

http://www.bmwlogicseven.com/?p=3837
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 01:33 AM   #3
KClemente
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Re-solder every single capacitor you see in that amp. Worked to revive my completely dead amp.
Appreciate 0