E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Fitting M sport Bumper

01-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
bloopeta
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 2006 Jet Black E90 318d

Fitting M sport Bumper

Hi, I have bought an Msport front bumper to go onto my 2006 E90 318d, just wondering if anyone else has done this upgrade and what it entails??

When I changed my standard bumper for Msport on my E46 I had to change the brake duct air vents, and a couple of mounting brackets, just want to know if anything like this is involved on the E90???
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

hi mate

from my experience of changing my SE to MSport on the E92, it involved the following:

New Airducts
New Black Grilles (lower ones, not kidneys ... they dont come with the bumper!)
New Fog lights
New Fog Light Housing & Brackets

Worth noting: Modification of the undertray is nessesary , cutting and making new holes for the bolts to line up with the MSport bumper etc

hope that helped, i dont imagine the E92 will be too different to the E90 in regards to parts required.

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
bloopeta
Private
England
Rep

thanks for the reply mate, is there anywhere to buy fogs, grills etc apart from the main stealers??

Ive looked on eurocar parts website and they dont seem to sell M parts, and theres nothing on ebay, I think I got all my stuff from cooks ferry for my E46
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
skans_e90
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

hi mate im to changing my bumpers to m sport iv got the bumpers from ebay and the fog lights the rest from dealers - middle grill , fog light grills and holders , lips that go on the bottom of the bumper costs me about £60 . iv not put them on yet let me know how you get on? cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
bloopeta
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skans_e90 View Post
hi mate im to changing my bumpers to m sport iv got the bumpers from ebay and the fog lights the rest from dealers - middle grill , fog light grills and holders , lips that go on the bottom of the bumper costs me about £60 . iv not put them on yet let me know how you get on? cheers

Im still to do mine mate LOL, ive got the fogs and bumper, but thats as far as I got, I still need to get the grills etc, but its been put on hold of late as Ive been so busy with my house.

Where did you get your new brake ducts?? Did you just get them from the dealers?? If so how much were they??
Appreciate 0