E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Selling MY09 335i - Any tips?

02-06-2021, 11:18 PM   #1
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Selling MY09 335i - Any tips?

Hi Guys I am finally selling my car and just wanted to ask for some suggestions?

I have a Black Sapphire 335i MY09 (Build is Oct 2008) with 19"wheels and Michelin Pilot Sports tyres, black grille and procede tune. I have done less than 94,000k.

Before selling the car, should I take out the tune?

What sort of price should I ask for? On carsales .com.au seems the pricing is all over the place.

What other tips for selling - eg where is best place to see, online?

Cheers and thank you for any help.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 09:06 PM   #2
jard
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Hey mate,

In my opinion Carsales is the best place to put it up for, you need to pay more for the ad to go up but generally I find more genuine buyers. Placing the ad on other online sources such as gumtree cars and facebook can attract a lot of tyre kickers and most of them start with a line such as "Whats the lowest you will take????" - so to avoid that I would stick to carsales.

Price is a interested question at the moment, while the price is quite high at the moment because of the supply/demand in the car market + with post covid spending you may find some competition. Naturally, everyone has the same idea to try make a buck or two on a depreciating asset. I can tell you I bought my 335i about two years ago for $15,500 and recently sold it for $18,500 with an extra 10,000kms.

Price on top of that also depends on what preventative maintenance has been done on the car, if someone has done their research on these cars just having it serviced every 5,000-10,000 kms isn't enough and so my advice would be to lay out all of the maintenance on the car to show it has been looked after. If you haven't tackled any of that then that can hurt your price.

I would leave the tune on as I assume it's working great with it and its not something you are going to take to the next car so why not make it a selling point to improve fuel eco or and responsivness?

Pricing wise I would say you would be around the $20,000 mark - but again it depends on so many factors of how the car has been keep and maintained. If you have a DCT gear box that is generally more sort after the old 6 speed autos, and if you have a manual then they are more rarer than that so it can go up and down depending on those aspects as well.

Bit of a ramble, but hope that helps.
Jard
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 12:24 AM   #3
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jard View Post
Hey mate,

In my opinion Carsales is the best place to put it up for, you need to pay more for the ad to go up but generally I find more genuine buyers. Placing the ad on other online sources such as gumtree cars and facebook can attract a lot of tyre kickers and most of them start with a line such as "Whats the lowest you will take????" - so to avoid that I would stick to carsales.

Price is a interested question at the moment, while the price is quite high at the moment because of the supply/demand in the car market + with post covid spending you may find some competition. Naturally, everyone has the same idea to try make a buck or two on a depreciating asset. I can tell you I bought my 335i about two years ago for $15,500 and recently sold it for $18,500 with an extra 10,000kms.

Price on top of that also depends on what preventative maintenance has been done on the car, if someone has done their research on these cars just having it serviced every 5,000-10,000 kms isn't enough and so my advice would be to lay out all of the maintenance on the car to show it has been looked after. If you haven't tackled any of that then that can hurt your price.

I would leave the tune on as I assume it's working great with it and its not something you are going to take to the next car so why not make it a selling point to improve fuel eco or and responsivness?

Pricing wise I would say you would be around the $20,000 mark - but again it depends on so many factors of how the car has been keep and maintained. If you have a DCT gear box that is generally more sort after the old 6 speed autos, and if you have a manual then they are more rarer than that so it can go up and down depending on those aspects as well.

Bit of a ramble, but hope that helps.
Jard
Cheers mate, I appreciate it.

I have listed it on Carsales but maybe went a bit high with $24900, but I thought I would allow for negotiation.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:38 AM   #4
jard
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornadogM340i View Post
Cheers mate, I appreciate it.

I have listed it on Carsales but maybe went a bit high with $24900, but I thought I would allow for negotiation.
Always allow for negotiation, but if you aren't getting any bites at all its a tell tale sign that your pricing is too high and no one is seeing the value in it.

Best of luck with the sale mate!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #5
shannon1
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 323i M-Sport

Garage List
Best of luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 10:09 PM   #6
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks guys.

First offer in at $21k. I will wait till end of lockdown as nothing can happen till then anyhow
Appreciate 0