E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Introduction/335i build

03-22-2021, 04:35 AM   #1
WCAR
Rep
Drives: 335i

Introduction/335i build

Welcome to my 335i thread.
2007 E92 Coupe, AT, 117xxx, Space Grey

19" GTC Silver staggered, unsure on ratios/size
End goal is somewhere in the 450BHP range (unsure if i'll get near that with what I have planned). This will just be a spirited driving car for the weekend/cruises, no plans to take it to the track.

Here i'll be posting any maintenance/upgrades and anything inbetween to do with my new baby
Ideally i'll be DIY'ing some things and then leaving the more difficult things to the professionals, I'm a complete noobie when it comes to the insides of a car and tools used, let alone it being a BMW So it's going to be a learning curve for me for sure. ( I do have access to a hoist and plenty of tools though)
Will be purchasing parts from FCPEuro for any DIY work

Recently serviced and had some things looked at, got some leaks that were confirmed and will be looking to have them sorted in the near future.
Currently once all maintenance work is done i'll be doing FBO and a s1/s2 MHD tune depending on how things go.

Any insight/advice/criticism welcomed!

Current issues/things I plan to have worked on/am considering, I will update this from time to time;

PLANNED ENGINE
  • Valve cover gasket leak
  • Engine oil filter housing leak
  • Vanos seals
  • Transmission lines into cooler
  • Walnut Blast
  • Spark plugs/Ignition coils
  • Coolant flange

PLANNED COSMETIC
  • Fuel Door Actuator is broken, flap doesn't lock due to the little pin being snapped off
  • Kidney grille & IC grille respray gloss/matte black (unsure of choice)
  • 4 small dents on the body
  • Bit of paint chipping on bonnet
  • Weird scratch down front of bonnet/bumper
  • Rear bumper (maybe?) - exhaust cut-out is a bit rough
  • Sticker on the back window
  • Sunroof plastic freshen up, currently a dull black colour (is this a thing?)
  • Headlight colour fix? (ones white ones yellowish)
  • Sequential rear indicators (maybe)
  • Head unit replacement to something more modern (maybe)

PLANNED PERFORMANCE UPGRADES
  • VRSF 3" Cast Stainless Steel Catless Downpipes
  • VRSF 5" Stepped Performance HD Intercooler
  • VRSF Performance Intake Kit
  • Chargepipes
  • Injectors (if faulty/poor index?) undecided on whether these are required or not
  • S1/S2 MHD Tune
[/LIST]
Attached Images

Last edited by WCAR; 03-22-2021 at 05:35 AM..
Appreciate 2
TiAgAu148.50
shannon1636.50
      03-22-2021, 04:42 AM   #2
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Welcome to the forum and to N54 ownership
Such a nice looking ride
Glad to hear you are focusing on getting the reliability issues fixed before adding more power (and pressure on the engine and components)
DIY is definitely the way to go if you are willing to have a go, not much you cant do with a little research and help from a mate
Lots of people here who are more then happy to help when you have questions or want advice

Your to do list looks fine, although I personally would not bother with the vrsf intake (inlets) not really needed tbh, you can use the $ you save on getting new tires (run flats are terrible) or coilovers which will make a huge difference to the ride and handling of the car

Once again welcome aboard
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 05:18 AM   #3
WCAR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Welcome to the forum and to N54 ownership
Such a nice looking ride
Glad to hear you are focusing on getting the reliability issues fixed before adding more power (and pressure on the engine and components)
DIY is definitely the way to go if you are willing to have a go, not much you cant do with a little research and help from a mate
Lots of people here who are more then happy to help when you have questions or want advice

Your to do list looks fine, although I personally would not bother with the vrsf intake (inlets) not really needed tbh, you can use the $ you save on getting new tires (run flats are terrible) or coilovers which will make a huge difference to the ride and handling of the car

Once again welcome aboard
Thanks! I've had the car for a couple weeks now and been lurking the forums to get an idea of things and what people generally reccomend before I even considered doing anything further to the car.
In all honesty I just really like the way the inlets look
As for the coilovers/new tires I'll definitely look into those things, I was told that the tires aren't run flats by a friend judging by the no name brand, but they look like them to me, so i'm unsure what to think. I should mention that current end goal is whatever HP those upgrades leave me at, without running e85 or anything along that sort of spec. This is just a weekend/cruise car that will be a spirited drive, so I don't want to get too ridiculous with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCAR View Post
Thanks! I've had the car for a couple weeks now and been lurking the forums to get an idea of things and what people generally reccomend before I even considered doing anything further to the car.
In all honesty I just really like the way the inlets look
As for the coilovers/new tires I'll definitely look into those things, I was told that the tires aren't run flats by a friend judging by the no name brand, but they look like them to me, so i'm unsure what to think. I should mention that current end goal is whatever HP those upgrades leave me at, without running e85 or anything along that sort of spec. This is just a weekend/cruise car that will be a spirited drive, so I don't want to get too ridiculous with it.
Good luck with the build, will be following your build as you go along
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 05:33 AM   #5
Mister_Radge
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Welcome and hope you enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 0