E90Post
 


Coby Wheel
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC/NBT FSC Generator - Windows/Linux/OSX



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #441
penfold2105
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: BMW 318d E90
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: london UK

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone know where I can get nbt codes without glovebox usb at reasonable price.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 06:58 AM   #442
samches
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 E70 3.0d 2007
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Estonia

iTrader: (0)

I can't get the file from f10 glove box or hand rest... the file just won't appear on a USB drive.

Tried to generate via VIN. no luck. Now old maps ask for code.
I have small screen CIC

VIN: DU49401

Please help.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 06:42 AM   #443
aaronblack
Private First Class
42
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samches View Post
I can't get the file from f10 glove box or hand rest... the file just won't appear on a USB drive.

Tried to generate via VIN. no luck. Now old maps ask for code.
I have small screen CIC

VIN: DU49401

Please help.
Small screen CIC is probably Business CIC (if I'm not mistaken). I've got this too and unfortunately the generator is only made for Professional CIC (widescreen).

I'm not too sure, but I think for business CIC your easiest option is to buy the FSC code. Many websites including eBay do them.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 11:37 AM   #444
MAG21
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: bmw F20
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Can you explain please other ways to find 1.b file? in my car is not possible with USB, donĀ“t know the reason...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 06:59 PM   #445
aaronblack
Private First Class
42
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG21 View Post
Can you explain please other ways to find 1.b file? in my car is not possible with USB, don´t know the reason...
Which CIC do you have?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 08:26 AM   #446
wursti
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: Bmw e90
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: somewhere

iTrader: (0)

I could not start the tool in MacOS Big Sur. Is it compatible?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 06:09 AM   #447
osmansiddiqui95
Insta~ f10_sapphire
United_States
25
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: BLACK 2015 528I
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: OKC, OK

iTrader: (0)

I aswell cannot open file in big sur. can anyone update the Osx file?
__________________
Insta ~ f10_shapphire
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 10:20 AM   #448
opjose
Major
opjose's Avatar
199
Rep
1,216
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Md

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG21 View Post
Can you explain please other ways to find 1.b file? in my car is not possible with USB, don´t know the reason...
Usually using an enet (Ethernet cable).

Since you have no USB map updates must be done via DVD too.

At this point you are better off purchasing a code from a map vendor. It will be cheaper than purchasing what you will need and will include the maps you require for your specific CIC.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 01:42 AM   #449
osmansiddiqui95
Insta~ f10_sapphire
United_States
25
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: BLACK 2015 528I
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: OKC, OK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wursti View Post
I could not start the tool in MacOS Big Sur. Is it compatible?
Mac OSX Big sur users I got fsc to work on bigsur after the "You do not have permission to open the application “BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator”." error. the fix is this


follow each step 1 by 1 and it will work 100%.
__________________
Insta ~ f10_shapphire
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 08:36 AM   #450
akela1979
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: F10 (2010)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: DE

iTrader: (0)

1b.hex Z4 2010 CIC

Bmw Z4
2010
cic
Z4-2010-1b.zip
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 04:22 AM   #451
bcoz
spectator
bcoz's Avatar
Australia
61
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 330d Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akela1979 View Post
Bmw Z4
2010
cic
Attachment 2592356
Your 1b.hex file contains a generic/incorrect VIN of 1234567 (characters 27 to 33), which is useless for generating an FSC code.

I had the same problem in my 2009 E90 3er, so I had to manually extract the correct 1b.hex file using an ENET to OBD2 Connector, as per my previous comment: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=283

I don't know if the manual method will work in a Z4.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 12:22 PM   #452
akela1979
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: F10 (2010)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akela1979 View Post
Bmw Z4
2010
cic
Attachment 2592356

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
Your 1b.hex file contains a generic/incorrect VIN of 1234567 (characters 27 to 33), which is useless for generating an FSC code.

I had the same problem in my 2009 E90 3er, so I had to manually extract the correct 1b.hex file using an ENET to OBD2 Connector, as per my previous comment: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=283

I don't know if the manual method will work in a Z4.

yes the file looks like it has the 12345... vin number.

Vin of bmw z4 2010
WBALM31060E353764

please somebody help me with a make corect 1b with the correct vin number

Last edited by akela1979; 05-08-2021 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 11:22 AM   #453
akela1979
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: F10 (2010)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: DE

iTrader: (0)

fsc made with Esys & Enet cable

Bmw Gran Turismo F07
2016
NBT

BMW Gran Turismo F07 2016 - fsc_1b.hex.zip
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 01:47 AM   #454
budLa
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 318d
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Does anybody have the new Lookup for EUROPE EAST Route 2021-1 maps?

TNX in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 01:51 AM   #455
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5236
Rep
27,385
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by budLa View Post
Does anybody have the new Lookup for EUROPE EAST Route 2021-1 maps?

TNX in advance.
It's of no use to you. FSC Generator can not generate working ROUTE FSC codes.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 02:19 AM   #456
budLa
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 318d
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
It's of no use to you. FSC Generator can not generate working ROUTE FSC codes.
But in old lookup file i see, but ok than

<SgbmId id="NAVD_00001DDF_255_007_000" SWID_FscShort="00B4004A" name="Road Map EUROPE EAST Route 2020-2" supplier="NTQ" sop="01.03.2020" version="10_09" MapOrderNumberBMW="" MapOrderNumberMINI="" MapOrderNumberRR="" successorMapOrderNumberBMW="" successorMapOrderNumberMINI="" successorMapOrderNumberRR="" NextNo="01792">
<EcuVariant CompatibilityIdentifier="EntryNav" Format="CIC" />
<SwUpdate SwUpdateEntry=""/>
</SgbmId>
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 02:22 AM   #457
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5236
Rep
27,385
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by budLa View Post
But in old lookup file i see, but ok than

<SgbmId id="NAVD_00001DDF_255_007_000" SWID_FscShort="00B4004A" name="Road Map EUROPE EAST Route 2020-2" supplier="NTQ" sop="01.03.2020" version="10_09" MapOrderNumberBMW="" MapOrderNumberMINI="" MapOrderNumberRR="" successorMapOrderNumberBMW="" successorMapOrderNumberMINI="" successorMapOrderNumberRR="" NextNo="01792">
<EcuVariant CompatibilityIdentifier="EntryNav" Format="CIC" />
<SwUpdate SwUpdateEntry=""/>
</SgbmId>
All maps are in Lookup.xml file, including ROUTE, EVO, WAY, and LIVE maps, none of which FSC Generator can generate working FSC Codes for.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 02:46 AM   #458
budLa
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 318d
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
All maps are in Lookup.xml file, including ROUTE, EVO, WAY, and LIVE maps, none of which FSC Generator can generate working FSC Codes for.

But than, what is the point of "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator", and why people reporting... working great, etc?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #459
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5236
Rep
27,385
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by budLa View Post
But than, what is the point of "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator", and why people reporting... working great, etc?
Because it works for MOVE, MOTION, PREMIUM and NEXT Maps.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #460
budLa
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 318d
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Because it works for MOVE, MOTION, PREMIUM and NEXT Maps.
After a little searching, I realized how stupid my question was. There is no code generator for the DF file.

I contacted Gerry.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #461
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5236
Rep
27,385
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by budLa View Post
After a little searching, I realized how stupid my question was. There is no code generator for the DF file.

I contacted Gerry.

Thanks a lot for the help.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #462
dottrix
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Georgia, US

iTrader: (0)

FYI. As of 2021-05, on a 2013 F30 Sedan with CIC. Using 1b file. Generated code is accurate for: Premium - North America - Road Map North America Premium (USB) 2021, and 2020.
Lifetime NOT checked. (Haven't checked that code.) Thanks!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST