E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Car shipping

11-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Car shipping

Does anyone have a company they would recommend to ship a car from Toronto to Halifax?
Looking for someone who can transport non-running vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
Nick.B
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i, 330i, 335xi, 6MT sport

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Your best bet may be to borrow/rent a truck and a u-haul flatbed trailer. It'll cost you a few hundred bucks, 2 days of your time, and gas.

I talked to a few car shippers this year, and every one I talked to transports running cars only.

What would it take to make it driveable, even if only barely driveable to get it on and off a truck or train?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:06 AM   #3
Klemantine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Toyota Civic

Hi eljay! When talking about shipping vehicles, crosscountrycarshipping.com comes to help. I buy and sell cars online, I make a living out of this, and I have a lot of clients who can't take the car by themselves. That's why I needed to find a car shipping company to help me out every time I need it. And I need it often, 4 to 6 time per month. If you'll not use them (although I don't see a reason why not to), be careful when looking for another one because there are car shipping companies which offer crap services. At least, with this you'll be sure that your car is safe.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 02:26 AM   #4
JamyFoux
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

I think I might have the right answer for you. Last year I needed to ship my dad’s car from Toronto to Dallas. It was a very old car, and the engine was not starting at all. I was looking for a service that could help me to transport it. The biggest part of the shipping services, were delivering only working cars. That was the main problem. But my colleague advice's me to try to use The Shipaa shipping service. He said that it might help me with my problem and I’ve tried. It is really a very nice service and they do provide shipping of non starting cars.

Last edited by JamyFoux; 05-12-2020 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 06:51 PM   #5
willyboly15
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

That, in your case, there is only one way to get a faulty car from Toronto to Halifax. You need to order a car delivery service. There are two options here: open or closed vehicles. Of course, the closed one is more expensive, but it seems to me that this is not necessary, if the car is faulty, it is still up to you to decide. There are a couple of nuances in the transportation of a car, you can find them here https://shipnts.com/blog/canadian-snowbirds-4-ways-to-ship-your-car/. In case the car is on the move, there are a couple of tips on this site for transporting a car. I hope you will be able to solve this problem and be able to transport your car without much stress.

Last edited by willyboly15; 02-25-2021 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 02:30 PM   #6
denalauder
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hey, shipping a non-running car from Toronto to Halifax can indeed be a bit of a challenge. When I needed to transport my car from Maryland to California, I used a professional car shipping company, and they were a real lifesaver. While my car was running, they had various options and services that might work for your non-running vehicle as well. You can check out what they offer at https://www.a1autotransport.com/mary...ing-companies/ When it comes to shipping a non-running vehicle, it's crucial to communicate your exact needs to the shipping company. They'll need to know the specifics about your car's condition to ensure it's handled properly during transport.

Last edited by denalauder; 01-03-2024 at 03:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 07:25 AM   #7
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Check with Safe Auto…. Good guys and have done several high end and other vehicles.