E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Paint correction with Lake Country Yellow & Orange Pads

04-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #1
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Paint correction with Lake Country Yellow & Orange Pads

I have Griot's Garage 6" random orbital polisher that came with their Orange correcting pad and Red finishing pad.
Correcting cream that i got with this kit is the one before they refined it and eliminated excessive dusting. Regardless i was not happy with it.

Name:  grios.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  29.6 KB

I tried it last summer with Sonax Perfect Finish (cut 4/6 and gloss 6/6) and it was not able to take out some of the swirls and scratches left over from winter months ice and crap sliding over the paint.

Name:  sonax.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  13.7 KB

I recently picked up some new pads i want to try:
x1 Lake Country CCS Orange Pad 6.5"
x1 Lake Country CCS Yellow Pad 6.5"

Name:  1122Capture.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  49.4 KB

I'm wondering if i can still remove the swirls/scratches by using Sonax Perfect Finish with Yellow Pad, followed by Orange pad for refinement.

I don't have a dedicated compound as I thought Sonax would be able to give me the cut I need with a bit more aggressive pad such as yellow.

Now I'm thinking what if Yellow pad is too aggressive. Or maybe i need to get a dedicated compound (ie. Meguiar's Ultimate Compound) and just use that with Orange pad instead.

Any experience based suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0