E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Ultimate racing Cai discussion.

02-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #89
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
sounds like she wants you to drive faster.
lol Yeah I drive slow with the car, but when i get some open roads, I let her rip now even more often than before because of the delight of my new exhaust ROAR during WOT...Its so much more fun to drive with a added exhaust not
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #90
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Best looking intake by far!.... and thats coming from a person with one of the first VIP CAI's. Design is alot better than VIP too imo. Price is right on par...around $45 more than VIP. Looks like its worth the little extra.

Also, the dramatic turn in the VIP is something that concerns me. This design is perfect and looks to push the same amount of air to each turbo

UR check your PM!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #91
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
Best looking intake by far!.... and thats coming from a person with one of the first VIP CAI's. Design is alot better than VIP too imo. Price is right on par...around $45 more than VIP. Looks like its worth the little extra.

Also, the dramatic turn in the VIP is something that concerns me. This design is perfect and looks to push the same amount of air to each turbo

UR check your PM!
I am not sure how much VIP charges to ship but UR's price includes shipping...
      02-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #92
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
I am not sure how much VIP charges to ship but UR's price includes shipping...
well shit!! nevermind then, this is by far a better buy. I think i paid $489 for VIP's shipped. So this is definitely a great deal. Better design, better welds, dont know the power gains yet, but looks like the design might make more power than VIPs too.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #93
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I forgot to mention HUGE respect for developing there product, having it finished and ready to ship (while a few days from ready to ship) and THEN releasing it to the public.

Seriously...I didn't even know they were coming out with an intake...then one day just popped up on the forum and they have it ready to ship...looks very nice as well.

I wish more company would do this instead of announcing a product, get our panties wet, and then give us blue balls...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #94
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
I wish more company would do this instead of announcing a product, get our panties wet, and then give us blue balls...
This explains your cross-dressing habit.
      02-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #95
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Thanks for promoting it O-cha, looking forward to some user reviews and dyno results when running V2. It would be huge if Mr. 5 strapped this on, with his current settings, and went back to the dyno within the week
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #96
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

WHen is Shiv going to make the new maps available to the public that are not beta testers...We are waiting patiently for these maps.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #97
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
WHen is Shiv going to make the new maps available to the public that are not beta testers...We are waiting patiently for these maps.
You aren't waiting patiently enough if you bring it up.

Just messing man, I too want my hands on these maps.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #98
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supramano View Post
This is very similar to the msds CAI....Ill tel you what though if you have the cold weather package or the headlight washers, it is direclty where the intake lands.

Theeres not much room in there when the fender liner goes back on. If you notice the intake in the bumper that goes to the brakes, you can take the left side of that intake off. So the air will fill into that area. Thats what i did for the msds, cause my intake sat closer behind the foglight i didnt know if air would travel well to it. If you take that cover off more air wil wnter like a path directly to it.

This UR intake looks great though....wish it came out 2 weeks ago. I got inpatient with Bavdom and got the msds CAI. Another good thing about msds you can go from short ram to cold air very easy if you have 2 filters like i do. Lata
can you clarify this:
"Ill tel you what though if you have the cold weather package or the headlight washers, it is direclty where the intake lands".
i have the headlight washers, am i going to have trouble fiting the UR cai or the MDS cai and still have good air flow? i plan to remove the driver side front bumper piece for "ram" air.

also, your comment:
"Theres not much room in there when the fender liner goes back on. If you notice the intake in the bumper that goes to the brakes, you can take the left side of that intake off"......
take what side of which intake? can you clarify? thanks

Lastly, your comment:
Another good thing about msds you can go from short ram to cold air very easy if you have 2 filters like i do.
how can you have 2 filters? and which mds set up gives you the most gains?
any dyno with mds cai showing large gains??

sorry about the multiple questions, but i am ready to pull the trigger.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #99
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
You aren't waiting patiently enough if you bring it up.

Just messing man, I too want my hands on these maps.
can someone kindly explain to me how a specific "map" (or a
specific tune for certain mods) can increase the gains you already get by adding a mod like dps??

i am very interested in this concept.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #100
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
can you clarify this:
"Ill tel you what though if you have the cold weather package or the headlight washers, it is direclty where the intake lands".
i have the headlight washers, am i going to have trouble fiting the UR cai or the MDS cai and still have good air flow? i plan to remove the driver side front bumper piece for "ram" air.

also, your comment:
"Theres not much room in there when the fender liner goes back on. If you notice the intake in the bumper that goes to the brakes, you can take the left side of that intake off"......
take what side of which intake? can you clarify? thanks

Lastly, your comment:
Another good thing about msds you can go from short ram to cold air very easy if you have 2 filters like i do.
how can you have 2 filters? and which mds set up gives you the most gains?
any dyno with mds cai showing large gains??

sorry about the multiple questions, but i am ready to pull the trigger.
thanks

I dont know about the UR CAI, but the msds bit of a tight fit. If you are someone who currently has stage 1, which is the short ram air, the directions for the msds cai require you to shorten the rubber entrance of the filter to fit it in the bumper. It supposed to fit next to the foglight and brake duct(the plastic intake i was talking about). The brake duct comes in 2 left and right pieces which click into eachother to create a duct straight through the bumper and through the fender liner. I took the further piece towards the foglight off, so the sir would enter where the filter would be. I dont think msds took into consideration the headlightwasher when making these,cause not many people get the cold weather package. The bacck of the headlight washer sits where the filter is supposed to sit. Positioning the filter to make the fender liner fit back on took some time. It was succesful though so i wouldnt worry about it.
When ordereing the msds stage1 and 2 i ordered an extra filter for 40 bucks. This along with a rubber cover and clamp from a hardwar store give you the ability to go from short ram to cold air in minutes. Otherwise to switch from cold air to short ram you would need to take the wheel and fender liner off to remover the filter and relocate. I figure it would be better to have 2. To go form short ram all youd have to do is take the rubber 90 degree bend off and replace it with the filter w/ heat shield. Then put a rubber cover over the existing hole that goes to the cai filter, that way no leaves or dirt go into the tube, then going into your intake when reinstallling it. Gain wise the cold air is more, since its not hot air obviuosly. The benefit of short ram is for when the engine is cold for a short run at the track maybe or even days you worry of heavy rain or flooding. I believe gains of 5-10 rwhp is typical for the short ram even 15-20 for the CAI, considering you havent change to a k&N filter and you have v2 or some piggyback.
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #101
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Are there any installation instructions?

Please post them up, I'd like to buy it but want to see if I can install it myself.

I have the UR BOV as well so if there are different instructions for that please post.

Thanks.

Ado
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #102
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
can someone kindly explain to me how a specific "map" (or a
specific tune for certain mods) can increase the gains you already get by adding a mod like dps??

i am very interested in this concept.

thanks
When adding new modifications like an intake kit, downpipes, intercooler, and other mods a specific map for those mods would give you maximum benefits. When adding a modification like dowpipes for example you could see gains of say 15 rwhp on a dyno...you might even only get 5rwhp. But when you have a piggyback like procede, and are offered a map(different paramters in the ecu that are changed) specific for downpipes, this will maximize your benefits from these dps. Which would then possiibly give you gains of 20-30rwhp on a dyno. Specific maps for specific modifications are the way to go when modding a car. Adding products like intake,dps,fmic,etc would be beneficial in hp, but would be mazimized by the ecu knowing you have them.
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:11 AM   #103
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado View Post

Please post them up, I'd like to buy it but want to see if I can install it myself.

I have the UR BOV as well so if there are different instructions for that please post.

Thanks.

Ado
If you have a UR bov, they should have given you installation instructions. If not it is basically common sense and simple. Removing the stock airbox is the hardest part...and thats not very hard...lok in the diy section on how to remove. The bov replaces that pipe the diverters are on. cap the diverters entrances with some caps so nothing can get in them and take the hose that went intothe diverters and plug that into the bov.

Same with the intake...its just bolt up...all these companies usually include instruction...msds gave me some....i browsed through, but threw it out....the parts are pretty much self explanatory
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #104
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I already have the BOV on. I was wondering if they already have instructions for putting the Intake in.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #105
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I already have the BOV on. I was wondering if they already have instructions for putting the Intake in.
Yeah the msds intake kit did come with instructions....didnt take long at all to do. call them or email them...they might send you a copy so you can see what is entailed.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #106
Ultimate Racing
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i, Evo VIII, WRX, STi, 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
I have to take a look at some of your BOV pics to see if how close it is. Do you have any idea if this would clear an AA BOV?
Sorry for the recent absence. The forum was down Saturday. Lots of questions to answer. I do have pics of the intake with both our BOV kits. Please send me an email to sales@ultimate-racing.com and I will try to get those to you.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #107
Ultimate Racing
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Looks like with this intake, we can't run BOV?
We've designed it to work with both of our BOV kits (HKS and TiAL), stock, and it should also fit most other BOV kits on the market.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #108
Ultimate Racing
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Thanks.

Ado
Yes, we have full details instructions right now for the E92 coupe. We are just waiting for the E90 to hit the hoist so that we can verify fitment and installation.

Ado, shoot me an email and I'll fire you off the E92 install guide. sales@ultimate-racing.com

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #109
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Racing View Post
Yes, we have full details instructions right now for the E92 coupe. We are just waiting for the E90 to hit the hoist so that we can verify fitment and installation.

Ado, shoot me an email and I'll fire you off the E92 install guide. sales@ultimate-racing.com

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Is it possible to get a group buy on this product...I guarantee it will be a item that is forum will purchase...I realize you already have the product ready to ship, but a discount of some sort would be great to the forum of people that want to buy this product...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #110
Geezer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Take $50 off and buy the VIP intake
The price seems fine to me. I can't believe people are already asking for discounts. For $495 these guys can't be making that much money. Its not like they are charging a grand like dinan probably will. Let them make some money so they can actually STAY in business and keep making quality parts at a reasonable price.
Lets see some dyno charts.
Appreciate 0