Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > M6 Reps! Are they all the same?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-14-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
kang159
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i  [0.00]
M6 Reps! Are they all the same?

I'm almost sure I already know the answer to this but just in case..

I was looking into purchasing M6 replicas and was wondering..
Does it matter which vendor I purchase them from?
**********s? Vortex Tuning? etc. etc.
By this I mean, are they all made by the same manufacturer? (Miro?)

**********s says - "Silver/Gunmetal" or "Silver/Black"
Vortex says - "Machined Face/Anthracite"

confused...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
jmk9911
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

**********s

I just purchased a set from **********s. I have to tell you the customer service was the best I have ever experienced anywhere period. And I am the first person to complain when I'm not 100% satisfied. Do yourself a favor and dont look anywhere else. They price match and the wheels arrived to my house via ups in a couple of days. The wheels look like factory wheels not some cheap imitations and they come with the center caps and the M emblems. I had Eddie as a sales rep and he was very infomative as far as the wheels and specific offsets and tire sizes. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang159 View Post
I'm almost sure I already know the answer to this but just in case..

I was looking into purchasing M6 replicas and was wondering..
Does it matter which vendor I purchase them from?
**********s? Vortex Tuning? etc. etc.
By this I mean, are they all made by the same manufacturer? (Miro?)

**********s says - "Silver/Gunmetal" or "Silver/Black"
Vortex says - "Machined Face/Anthracite"

confused...

Miro actually never manufactured the M6 style wheels - they sub contracted the project to a major wheels manufacturer. When Miro decided to get out of the business of distributing these wheels - **********s went to the direct source to still be able to provide the same fitments that everyone has come to love over the last 5 years. Not all M6 replicas are created the same, that's why **********s works hard to carry the best quality M6 style replica wheels on the market!

These wheels look great on a variety of BMWs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk9911 View Post
I just purchased a set from **********s. I have to tell you the customer service was the best I have ever experienced anywhere period. And I am the first person to complain when I'm not 100% satisfied. Do yourself a favor and dont look anywhere else. They price match and the wheels arrived to my house via ups in a couple of days. The wheels look like factory wheels not some cheap imitations and they come with the center caps and the M emblems. I had Eddie as a sales rep and he was very infomative as far as the wheels and specific offsets and tire sizes. Hope this helps
Thank you for the kind words!

Let me know if there's anything else for your BMW that you need! You've been a great customer as well and it was my pleasure to answer all of your questions!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
kang159
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335i  [0.00]
hmm..i guess i was wrong. i was under the assumption that they were all the same.
I have purchased from **********s because they are local for me, and was leaning towards doing that again, if all M6 reps were created equal, but now am thinking I'm going to have to do a little more research.

Are gunmetal and black the only choices for color? I was hoping for something like charcoal?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

The M6 type 346 wheel has been the single most popular M6 wheel choice among the BMW community for the past four years they've been introduced. The M6 type 346 wheel are manufactured to meet the HIGHEST performance, quality, and safety standards in the industry. The wheel passes JWL and VIA standards to ensure the highest level of safety and quality. Sure, there are many other brands and styles but you really do get what you pay for. The best way for me to explain this is through pictures and a brief description which you can view below. To the moderators, this is not an advertisement but is informational for forum members.

M6 type 346
[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Miro/Miro_M6_346_1195142786.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see the space in between each spoke is relatively narrow, just like how the actual OEM M6 wheel.

M6 Generic Brand
[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/zoom_img/BMW_M6_Style_Wheel_JY_1213898102.JPG[/IMG]

The space in between each spoke is relatively wide and you can literally stick your entire finger through.

I'll shoot you over a PM with more details

- Alan
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
kang159
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the info Alan..
I'll try to drop by to take a look when I get some free time.
Appreciate 0