E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Driving Info Systems Not Updating?

02-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
Langosta112
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Driving Info Systems Not Updating?

So I thought this would be the best place to post this but this is my situation.

I currently have a 2013 328xi that I bought from a dealership, 2nd owner and CPO'ed with an extended warranty. I already had some problems at the car but my SA at the time hooked me up with a brand new engine under warranty and just treated me very well in general.

Fast forward it seems they changed ownership or something had to happen internally in the dealership because my SA (who has been with that dealer for 7+ years) left or had a disagreement with new management. All of a sudden everything that was usually pro-bono, or covered under warranty now had to have this co-pay (im not sure if this is the same for all dealerships too tbh) if its under warranty and they really try to just screw you over.

Now this is where it gets funky: My current car is still under extended warranty, so that includes oil, brakes, plugs, rotors, etc right? My last big maintenance item that was covered was front breaks. They replaced the pads and rotors as they should. Got my car back, and noticed that my rears needed replacing @ 2xxx miles. Go about life (2-3) weeks and come in to get some other thing fixed because the SES came on. Payed the dumb copay and went on my way and went to check my driving systems check menu.

The mileage listed on when the rear brakes were needed to be change were still the same as 2-3 weeks ago. I figure that was weird, theres no way and I had no way to prove it. So bring my car back, record the mileage, the ODO, the mileage for service due on the brakes, my VIN and plates just "in-case". Drove about 200 miles and still no update on the mileage due date. Also if its worth noting, my extended warranty ends on April, so 2 months. The ECU of my car has NEVER done in the 3+ years I've owned it. So you can see where I'm going with this.

So I'm asking for some advice and how to proceed.

Should I mention it off hand to my new SA that my things aren't updating but not really bring much attention to it? I'm bringing in my car for another SES next Saturday. Is it possible they can freeze the mileage on maintenance? I wouldn't be surprised since they've recently been trying to nickle and dime me recently.

Any constructive advice on how to proceed would be great.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 01:21 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

The brake service distance remaining is simply an indicator. It can actually go up depending on driving style apparently. You only need to take action when the warning light is triggered from the brake pad sensor.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
Langosta112
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I understand, however it doesn't expain why the service distance for oil, front pads, etc are still at the same distance too.
Appreciate 0