E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Recommended SAs and techs at BMW of Sterling?

09-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Recommended SAs and techs at BMW of Sterling?

Anyone have any recommendations on SAs and techs at BMW of Sterling?

Tuner1984 already recommended Ted Ibach for an SA. I'm curious to see if anyone else had any other good experiences with SAs and techs just in case Ted isn't available or has a long wait.

Last edited by Royal Flush; 09-06-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
nova_G
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

bump

Took my car for service to Ted Ibach with recommendations from some of the forum members and didn't really have a good experience. Anyone else have good experiences with any of the other SA's?
      01-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
platnumdesi01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

I need to take my car in at Alexandria...any good SA's?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumdesi01 View Post
I need to take my car in at Alexandria...any good SA's?
Took mine there in December - had Dena (or Dina) Tran. Super efficient, got everything I asked for, great experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
faded67
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post

Tuner1984 already recommended Ted Ibach for an SA. I'm curious to see if anyone else had any other good experiences with SAs and techs just in case Ted isn't available or has a long wait.
I have seen Wolfgang at Sterling. He recently fought for a Walnut blasting with BMW NA under "Goodwill" for me. He had called me daily with updates. The experience was very good.

Rock
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Nightman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post

I've gone to Ted Ibach every time I've brought my car in and I have yet to have a bad experience. Except for the time the alternator went out on the Mini loaner they gave me, but even then they got me another loaner without any issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Augie Borges, SA. Sold me my car.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova_G View Post
bump

Took my car for service to Ted Ibach with recommendations from some of the forum members and didn't really have a good experience. Anyone else have good experiences with any of the other SA's?
What exactly happened?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996 Turbo

If anybody goes to see Ted just tell him Patrick sent you and request that Shane works on your car!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
nova_G
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
What exactly happened?
Took my car in for service Dec 28th and found out I needed to replace my tank vent valve (only 2k on the car). BMW of Sterling did not have the part in stock so Ted told me he would order me the part which would take 4-5 days to come in. I also emailed him twice asking about updating my DME, each time my question was ignored.

Fast forward to Jan. 10th still no call, I figured because of the holiday I imagine he might have forgot, no worries. It didn't bother me as much at the time since it was only a few days over due on his promised call. Jan 14th my SES light came back on and I decided to call him on the 16th (Monday) since never game me a call with the order update. I was told to come in Jan 20th, almost a whole week wait.

On the 20th I was probably the second or third car to come in that morning. By 4pm I figured it was enough time for them to work on my car since most dealerships are first come first serve no? Called a total of 10 times between 4pm-7pm each time no response and one time he picked up and hung up right away. I had plans that night and had to cancel. It wasn't until I was transferred to the cashier where she said the paperwork has been there but I just didn't receive a call from Ted yet. Also before dropping off the car I requested the car to NOT be washed, upon picking up i noticed my car was super clean and had a whole lot a swirls too

Honestly while the experience wasn't THAT bad, Ted's communication with me wasn't acceptable.
      02-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
platnumdesi01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

I went to Alexandria today....met Maryam after a friend recommended her. Getting Oill change, new rear brakes, wiper blades and fixing a fog light that went out.

New F30's are in the house!!! black 335i w/ sport package my goodness soo
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
shakko
SH4K
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

I'll agree with the communication part. I had a decent experience with Ted last month when I got my HPFP recall done. I called at least 3-4 to check up on the status, but it kept going to his voicemail. I was able to send him an email and did get a reply back.

In the end, everything worked out ok. I asked them not to wash the car and made sure to mention that in every email I sent and every communication I had with Ted, so my car was not touched, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova_G View Post
Took my car in for service Dec 28th and found out I needed to replace my tank vent valve (only 2k on the car). BMW of Sterling did not have the part in stock so Ted told me he would order me the part which would take 4-5 days to come in. I also emailed him twice asking about updating my DME, each time my question was ignored.

Fast forward to Jan. 10th still no call, I figured because of the holiday I imagine he might have forgot, no worries. It didn't bother me as much at the time since it was only a few days over due on his promised call. Jan 14th my SES light came back on and I decided to call him on the 16th (Monday) since never game me a call with the order update. I was told to come in Jan 20th, almost a whole week wait.

On the 20th I was probably the second or third car to come in that morning. By 4pm I figured it was enough time for them to work on my car since most dealerships are first come first serve no? Called a total of 10 times between 4pm-7pm each time no response and one time he picked up and hung up right away. I had plans that night and had to cancel. It wasn't until I was transferred to the cashier where she said the paperwork has been there but I just didn't receive a call from Ted yet. Also before dropping off the car I requested the car to NOT be washed, upon picking up i noticed my car was super clean and had a whole lot a swirls too

Honestly while the experience wasn't THAT bad, Ted's communication with me wasn't acceptable.