E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > "Angelina" 335i

01-05-2016, 02:50 AM   #23
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4orce
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Welcome!
I am in Perth too.

Where did you get the M4 rims? And what spacers have you used?
I bought the M4 replica rims from Westate Autobahn in Perth. With the spacers I went with 5mm in the rear and 3mm in the front. Pretty tame but with the wider rear rims 9.5 inches it sits quite nicely with no rub. The pics don't show the spacers installed. I took the pics before I did that.

I'd like to go with wider spacers but will need to get hub centric ones longer bolts otherwise it would be too dangerous.
Do a lug conversion and get those slip on spacers off ASAP. They aren't safe at all.

BMR sell spacers suited to our cars which come with longer bolts: http://www.bmraw.com/bmw-wheel-spacers/
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 05:05 AM   #24
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4orce View Post
Thanks BMJ. I was going to go with CSL style rims which run slightly more concave in the rear but I felt like it was over done. The M4 style is slightly different and less common (for now).
so glad you didn't those wheel are hot and unique... CSLs are everywhere now... one of the main reasons i went satin on my OE wheels...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 05:06 AM   #25
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Do a lug conversion and get those slip on spacers off ASAP. They aren't safe at all.

BMR sell spacers suited to our cars which come with longer bolts: http://www.bmraw.com/bmw-wheel-spacers/
INK love your avatar pic
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 09:47 AM   #26
AYEDEE
Captain
Australia-Aboriginal
Rep
Drives: 3 Series BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4orce View Post
Yes there was a cash adjustment. The deal was done because I'm looking at other investments and there was a lot of resources tied up in a car.

Is yours ruby black too? I wonder how many are around. I've not seen another BMW in Perth with the same colour but they must exist.
Yeh mine is Ruby black also. I know of another one in Sydney also thats also ruby black. So thats 3 all up. Me you and anotherone
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #27
Mayuri Krab
The Cheap Arse Asian
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & R33 Skyline GTS-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYEDEE View Post
Yeh mine is Ruby black also. I know of another one in Sydney also thats also ruby black. So thats 3 all up. Me you and anotherone
If we are talking about rare colours, have anyone else seen another "ugly green" 335I in Australia?

I think I win the rare colour award...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #28
CYL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJ View Post
so glad you didn't those wheel are hot and unique... CSLs are everywhere now... one of the main reasons i went satin on my OE wheels...
With the CSL, is it the M359?

I saw a lot similar 359 style rims on the market like the GTC, avant garde...
But the avant garde M359 looks exactly like the genuine bmw 359 rims.

Is avant garde a quality brand? Where can I buy them? I can only find some eBay sellers from USA but can't find anyone selling it here locally.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #29
t4orce
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayuri Krab View Post
If we are talking about rare colours, have anyone else seen another "ugly green" 335I in Australia?

I think I win the rare colour award...
I'd like to see a pic of this rare colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYEDEE View Post
I'm sure there's more. I saw a similar colour on an X5 but upon closer inspection it was slightly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
With the CSL, is it the M359?

I saw a lot similar 359 style rims on the market like the GTC, avant garde...
But the avant garde M359 looks exactly like the genuine bmw 359 rims.

Is avant garde a quality brand? Where can I buy them? I can only find some eBay sellers from USA but can't find anyone selling it here locally.
Not sure about how they are as a brand but I think ozzytyres may stock it. Their website is a bit hard to navigate but I found this on a google search...

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/blog/19-...silver-wheels/
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 08:32 PM   #30
t4orce
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

My 2 coupes together...

It's amazing to see how the 3 series coupes have grown in size over 13 years. Celebrating my M3s 20th birthday this year. Still going strong.

Appreciate 0