E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > What are you neglecting?

11-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #45
Mk84HDGP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Ugh, having a SULEV already sucks enough with the lower compression. I really hope I don't severely regret my N51 years down the road when repairs and maintenance start becoming necessary.
Don’t sweat it too much. I’ve owned and driven my E92 328i SULEV for 4 years now (coming up on 80k miles that I’ve put on it), driving it 130 miles each day, taken it on 4 hour road trips and back, and apart from oil changes, brakes, and cabin air filter, nothing else has had to be made.

No radiator issues, no leaky oil filter housing, no water pump gone rouge, etc......Just take care of the thing and drive it like your first time having coitus; nice and easy before you go into hyperdrive and find yourself out of gas and scratching your head about what that smell is

Oh and forgot to mention, my SULEV is a REBUILT TITLE. Yea, I got shafted there but paid $14k back in 2014 for a 2012 E92 with 32k miles on the Odo so I guess I can’t complain
Appreciate 0