E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help w/Coding Injectors Using Schwaben Tool

05-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
IcedBlitz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Help w/Coding Injectors Using Schwaben Tool

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of trouble after replacing all my injectors this afternoon. My car will not start, or starts but dies immediately.

I coded the injectors using the new Schwaben BMW diagnostic tool. It seems that the values were saved, but I got confused by the screen that instructs me to turn terminal 15 and another terminal off. There is another screen that follows shortly that then instructs me to turn terminal 15 on. I am fairly certain this is where I messed up.

I did some searching, but could not find what to do for those two screens. I tried taking my key out for the first screen, then re-inserting it for the second screen, but the symptoms are still exactly the same.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
TxFisherman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Its been a little while since I have done mine with the foxwell version of this tool. If I remember correctly I did nothing special when it mentioned terminal 15 and just hit ok. I know that I did not remove my key during the process. Have you checked that the coding is saved? Sometimes mine did not and I had to repeat the process.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
IcedBlitz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFisherman View Post
Its been a little while since I have done mine with the foxwell version of this tool. If I remember correctly I did nothing special when it mentioned terminal 15 and just hit ok. I know that I did not remove my key during the process. Have you checked that the coding is saved? Sometimes mine did not and I had to repeat the process.
Thanks, I appreciate the input.

The coding appears to be saved initially, even when I disconnect the scanner and reconnect it. I can go through the menus and see the correct values. However, when I try to start the car, the values are replaced by a very long string of numbers.

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #4
patton001
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

If anyone has an answer for this please post. I am getting ready to R&R my injectors and code them with the Schwaben also. When I drill down to the screen that is supposed to show me the current values (2, 3 digit numbers) it instead shows me these 23 digit numbers as in the picture above. I could really use some advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 07:57 AM   #5
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedBlitz View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of trouble after replacing all my injectors this afternoon. My car will not start, or starts but dies immediately.

I coded the injectors using the new Schwaben BMW diagnostic tool. It seems that the values were saved, but I got confused by the screen that instructs me to turn terminal 15 and another terminal off. There is another screen that follows shortly that then instructs me to turn terminal 15 on. I am fairly certain this is where I messed up.

I did some searching, but could not find what to do for those two screens. I tried taking my key out for the first screen, then re-inserting it for the second screen, but the symptoms are still exactly the same.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks.
There is a video or two on YouTube explaining exactly how to code injectors using the scan tool. I used the schwaben scan tool about 7 months ago to code my new index 12 injectors after my index 1 injectors took a crap after 152,000 miles !!
Appreciate 0